Editing This Wiki
Revision as of 18:19, 11 February 2008 by Yakuza
Editing this Wiki
There are a few basic conventions that we request of all users that edit or create pages on this Wiki. Please keep the following items in mind:
- Use the MediaWiki User's Guide.
- Learn to use MediaWiki editing best practices.
- Preview your changes before saving. This saves database commits and shortens the edit history.
- Use the Edit Summary feature. This allows you to leave a note about the edit you making.
- Use references. If you are placing content from another site or the MediaSmartServer.net forums, please cite the specific reference in your article. This provides context and additional details for those looking. More info on references here, and an example is right here on this page.
- Use Categories for all pages. There are many existing categories, try to fit your page into one or more of those, otherwise create a new Category.