How do I stop access to the Computers Tab in Remote Access?
With the release of Windows Home Server Power Pack 1, Microsoft introduced a new feature to allow more granular control over the Remote Access pages. Prior to the Power Pack 1 release, any user with Remote Access could attempt to connect to a computer listed in the Computers Tab. This new feature allows an Administrator to remove this Computers Tab from certain user accounts who may not require this feature.
Adding a New User
- In the Home Server Console, click on the Users Tab, and click + Add
- Input the desired details and click Enable Remote Access for this user, and from the drop down list choose Allow Access to Shared Folders only and click Next
- Input your desired password and click Next
- Choose the desired Shared folder access and click Finish
Editing an existing User
- In the Home Server Console, click on the Users Tab, highlight the user you wish to modify and click Properties.
In the Enable Remote Access for this user section, click on the drop down list choose Allow Access to Shared Folders only and click OK