It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:11 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

I want to see if I can put an ACT database onto my MSS and access it thru my terminals. That means installing ACT and a sql database on the SYS partition. But with only a total of 20gb available the SYS partition, most likely that partition is a bit small.

I remember seeing somewhere that to enlarge the system (SYS) partition sizes on a primary drive (correspondingly reducing the DATA drive), there is a registry change needed.

Also I found instructions to extend/enlarge the DATA partition when switching out to a larger primary drive are included in the following post on disk cloning:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6826&hilit=resizing+partitions&start=90
But it doesn't address changing the SYS partition.

Can anyone offer any arrow pointing help for this?

Is it as simple as just using something like MiniTool to enlarge the SYS partition and reduce the DATA partition or is more necessary?

ex49x/v1 (toyin w/Vail)
VGA
Q8200s w/two 30mm cooling fans
4gb Ram
Rear Casecover Cooling Mod

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:14 pm 
Founder
Founder

This thread should help you.
http://mediasmartserver.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1333

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank yakuza for this post
lioninstreet
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:39 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Yakuza,

Luckily most of the links on that thread were captured by web.archive.org. Very helpful. Looks like I have to start with a fresh system install to implement & VGA access is a must.

The instructions appear to be for installs with the MS WHS disks as opposed to the HP MSS recovery disk. If I remember from watching prior resets using HP disks, the DATA partition doesn't get formed & formatted until after the first server restart. So I'm hoping this will be as simple as just stopping the install at that restart, tossing the disk into a dock, resizing the SYS partition using a terminal equipped with any decent third party partition management software, then with the disk reinstalled in the server, finishing the OS install.

I'll give that a shot and see how it goes. It slows me down a bit that I cant just resize the existing partitions but oh well...

Thanks again for the reply. Glad to see your still lurking.

ex49x/v1 (toyin w/Vail)
VGA
Q8200s w/two 30mm cooling fans
4gb Ram
Rear Casecover Cooling Mod

Thanks