It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:44 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Don't see hibernate or sleep option. I really I need hibernate.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

2GB RAM

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:16 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I tried to install a new software that I had found for WHS v1 and worked great, but it won't install on win2012E.
http://www.mediasmartserver.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13235
I'm hoping at some point it will be upgraded to work.
I have win2012E on a 490 I will do some poking around and see if I can find a way to sleep it. Hibernate might be a little harder but sleep/wakeup should be able to do somehow.

I loaded this [LightsOut for server 2012 essentials ] I have used it on whs v1 and it worked good, hoping it will work for 2012, it installed ok, I'll know the next few days.
http://www.homeserversoftware.com/lo2011.html

Good luck and shout out if you find something because I like to sleep my servers at night.

Edit: First night with Lights-out on win2012E and it did not sleep, it reported it did not sleep because of a server backup between 9pm to 6am which I'm still trying to figure out so I turned off backups as one of the options to keep the server awake and see what happens tonight.

Edit Again: Second / third night the server will shutdown at the set time, but will not wake up in the morning. I do not have any active clients attached to this server so that may be part of it.
I'll keep trying and do some googling to see if I can find anything to make these sleep/wake.

:twisted: Fear the Cloud :twisted:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

So I gave up on Lights-Out and went back to why I could not install SmartPower:
http://www.mediasmartserver.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13235
Which is working great with WHS v1. I figured that it would not install till I could add dot net 3.5, win2012E comes with dot net 4 already, but smart power needed 3.5. I did some reading and figured out I could enable dot net 3.5 in server management, then it installed just fine, will see tonight and in the morning if it works.
P.S. SmartPower detected the domain and wanted to be registered, it is only free for non commercial use so I was able to send for a free Home domain use license, will see if that shows up and works.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:52 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Me think I got it. Did some reading and found out the the Graphics driver that was installed by default on 2012E on the ex490 would not allow suspend, just shutdown.
So smartpower could shut it down, but it can not wake a pc that has been shutdown, but a pc that has been suspended.
I downloaded and installed the Intel G33/G31 vista 64bit graphics driver, it installed with a reboot and now I have the choice of suspend.
We will see in the morning if it works.
More to come.

Edit: That did the trick, I don't have or didn't get [hibernate] but I did get [suspend]
EX490 with smartpower installed is sleeping at 10pm and waking at 6am everyday.

Hibernate on a server, I don't know if it is possible because it is doing things in the background, but suspend was not an option at one point. I will shout back if it becomes an option.

Thanks