It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:50 pm 

I was wondering if anything could help as this is my first experience with the N40L and WHS2011. I have upgraded to 6gb memory, moved the 250gb hdd to the top of the server and restarted, all went well.

I have now added two 2gb drives. According to the help file these should generate an alert that then allows me to format the hdd. one alert was generated and the disc formatted. So I powered down reseated the drives as I wasn't sure which one wasn't being seen, reloaded and no drives were recognised.

I checked device manager and that appears to see both devices but one (location 0 channel 1 target 0, lun 0) is marked as no drivers installed and the other (location 0 channel 0 target 0, lun 0) says this device is working properley.

In share and storage management volumes it only sees the original 250 gb drive as a c and d drive with an additional 100mb drive '<no label>'.

I have reloaded and can see three hdd in the bios. What I want to do is to configure as Raid 1 and make the additional capacity available to use. I don't know how to do that and am not sure if I have a problem or not. Can anyone help? Steve

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:35 am 

Have you tried to format the drives in Disk Management? I think once you do that WHS2011 will see the two drives after which you can do with them as you please.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks