It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 85  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:15 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Pafsanias wrote:
Can you send me your MoviesLibrary.s3db file? You'll find it inside your export folder.

I think the problem got better with a hard reboot of the iPad but I still see soft app crashes when I change the sort.

Both DBs sent to your email.

I will be out of town this weekend so I won't be able to do any testing till I get back on Monday.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:37 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

Version 2.4 of the iPad application is pending for release on the App Store (hopefully within the week):

- TV-Series: UI Enhancements
- Movies: Speed and memory optimizations
- Dropbox Update: File control optimizations

Minimum compatible 10Muse Library Manager version: 2.3.3

KillroyWasHere wrote:
I think the problem got better with a hard reboot of the iPad but I still see soft app crashes when I change the sort.

Resolved with 2.4. Unfortunately, and until 2.4 is released from Apple, you will be having these problems. There is nothing more we could do with Library Manager alone.

Mart1001 wrote:
The strange thing is, that Dropbox sometimes does download some files after adding eps, but still, I can't see them on the iPad app. However, some do make it.

In the end, you were right about that. Eventually, it happened to us too, so we were able to resolve it. I won't tire you with technical details, only that version 2.4 now checks 'Date Modified' for database files (still 'File Size' for images).

As a general note, after 3 months of frenetic feature adding (most noticeably Dropbox Update, Movies Import Assistant and TV-Series), where beta-testing and documentation couldn't catch up, we intent to devote the next versions only to fixes, memory management and speed improvements. Version 2.4 is already a step in that direction and it should solve most (if not all) of the problems with 2.3.

The only new feature we are working on is "Optimized for the new iPad Retina display".

thanks again for all your feedback.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Pafsanias for this post
Mart1001, raggededge
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:52 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Guys and Gals,

I finally picked up an ipad (V3) and have been thinking about getting either the 10Muse or Zappiti app for it. At the moment I use Zappiti on my Dune B1 but the time it takes to load new pages of movies is slow (wireless connection) so I am looking for a faster way of getting to my videos. Would either of the apps help? If so what do I get extra in 10Muse for twice the price of Zappiti?

All opinions are most appreciated.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:57 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

I have tried both and 10Muse is far better. The actual interface is silky smooth and you can customize multi-disc titles very easily. Even custom titles (not on TMDb/IMDb) can be done with a little manual entry.

I was a huge MyMovies cheerleader but not anymore. MM is getting too bloated and the lack of TV support is inexcusable.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:15 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

One complaint for 10Muse though... You cannot edit TV shows in any way. If you have custom episodes you cannot add them.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:37 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I downloaded the library manager to give it a try and I have noticed that it doesn't seem to recognize my m4v files.

I have been ripping some kids TV shows as m4v files so they can be watched on both the Dune and the kid's ipods and I don't have to have two copies in different formats.

I see 10Muse says it can recognise mp4 files so can I just rename them or how hard would it be for the developer to changes things to recognize m4v files?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:08 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I went to finally export today and it is telling me it can't detect any main movies or trailers. When I filter on "Main Move" and "False" all my movies are listed. What gives? I used the assistant to scan and add them.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:29 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

When I export I always select: To Edit--->(Hashmark) "-" ---> and select all (Ctrl-A) and make sure that both the numbers at the bottom match (sometimes it skips a title or two).

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:00 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Right, I do that too... but every single movie says no main movie found.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:03 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Did you scan your server after you added the movies?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:28 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

10Muse Library Manager 2.4.1 is up with support for .m4v files and various fixes and enhancements. This version was planned as 2.5.1 (together with 2.5 of the iPad application that will add support for the new iPad's Retina display) but since a lot has been added and we want to test 2.5 further, we released it now with the Retina relevant features disabled.

ironfan72 wrote:
I downloaded the library manager to give it a try and I have noticed that it doesn't seem to recognize my m4v files.

I have been ripping some kids TV shows as m4v files so they can be watched on both the Dune and the kid's ipods and I don't have to have two copies in different formats.

I see 10Muse says it can recognise mp4 files so can I just rename them or how hard would it be for the developer to changes things to recognize m4v files?

Added with 2.4.1. Minor known issue, the format logo on the iPad application will wrongly be 'Blu-ray'. With version 2.5 of the iPad application the correct logo for .m4v will be shown.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:47 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Hi everybody,

Finally decided to register after lurking for a long time.

Yesterday I stumbled upon this app and decided to try it. After some learning I finally got a small library on my i-pad. Used the dropbox variant since dragging and dropping into i-tunes in my case does not work.

Now I am stuck and have a few questions/issues (also a few of the same I have read in this thread).

I cannot get the zones to work. Under settings I did give Zone1 a name, selected Dune HD and typed the IP of the Dune. Restared the app, but it still reads "No zones". I also cannot start any playback on my Dune, probably because of this. I am using firmware 120202_1544_beta. What am I doing wrong?

For series as mentioned Battlestar Galactica it would be nice to have also a clone option like in movies. In order to have 2 versions of 1 episode available (broadcast and extended).

Is the scan info editable or will it be in the future? For instance no HD audio is being picked up correctly. True-HD is displayed as AC-3, DTS HD Master as DTS. Would be great if it was correct immediately, but editing would be nice as well. But also seperate .srt files for subtitles will not be picked up, which is to be expected. So editing to include those would also be nice.

I am using meta browser for renaming and trailers fetching etc... For trailers it creates a seperate folder named "Trailers" in the movie folder, containing the trailer. Is it possible to have the library manager to automatically add those trailers? As I see it now I have put all trailers in a seperate large trailer folder and the LM matches the movie and trailer by name?!

If somone could help especially with the zones and not being able to play anything, would be great.

Thanks.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:52 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Hmmmm....quick update. After leaving the i-pad for an hour or so and coming back the zone was set. I tinkered around with the library manager in the meantime. Is there a connection between the two. Thought zones are only set on the i-pad. Or am I just seeing ghosts?

Anyhoo...I am able to playback content now. Only the time slider does not work (incl. 5min. plus or minus). Anybody else seeing the same?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:02 pm 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

allineedisbass wrote:
I tinkered around with the library manager in the meantime. Is there a connection between the two. Thought zones are only set on the i-pad. Or am I just seeing ghosts?

You setup your zones only on the iPad. Forget about the "Client IP" option on Library Manager if it confuses you, you don't need it. It was a feature request to quickly test if your scanned movie is playing on the client (although I've heard of people using Library Manager as a stand-alone app because of this feature).

allineedisbass wrote:
Anyhoo...I am able to playback content now. Only the time slider does not work (incl. 5min. plus or minus). Anybody else seeing the same?

What firmware do you have on that Dune? Try to avoid beta firmwares, we had reports of API problems. Any stable should be ok.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:39 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Pafsanias wrote:
10Muse Library Manager 2.4.1 is up with support for .m4v files and various fixes and enhancements. This version was planned as 2.5.1 (together with 2.5 of the iPad application that will add support for the new iPad's Retina display) but since a lot has been added and we want to test 2.5 further, we released it now with the Retina relevant features disabled.

ironfan72 wrote:

Added with 2.4.1. Minor known issue, the format logo on the iPad application will wrongly be 'Blu-ray'. With version 2.5 of the iPad application the correct logo for .m4v will be shown.

Thanks for the update. I'm trying things out with the new manager version and will let you know how things go. I'll wait for the Retina support before trying the ipad app. In the meantime I did buy the Zappiti app as the kids are already familiar with the interface. My biggest problem with Zappiti is that the export takes a really long time. I gather this is quicker with 10Muse but i'm still interested in hearing about other benefits.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 85  Next