It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 85  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:03 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

madpoet wrote:
Great thank you. Now to figure out the unRaid thing :)

Can't help you there. :cry:

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:21 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Well I found a way to cheat... I added a meaningless folder. Then I clicked Edit and changed it to the \\tower\share path and it worked fine. Now to look at renaming a couple hundred *shudder*

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:00 pm 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

KillroyWasHere wrote:
Thank you!!! The multiple folders is now working perfectly.

I am still however having problems with "The 4400" and that one image. The app keeps crashing when it tries to save it. Is there any way that I can bypass this process or something I can do to prevent this image from being saved or downloaded.

Very difficult to correct if I can't reproduce and that particular show downloaded and exported fine in multiple systems.

I had a better look at the log you posted and saw that it's happenning when downloading data, not when exporting. I'll try to handle the case blindly, I'll let you know.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:03 pm 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

dbone1026 wrote:
madpoet wrote:
So back to the folder/disk naming... do I have to? :( I have 800 movies imported and tagged in MyMovies. If I go back and change the file names I am going to screw them up.

No, but you won't be able to use Assist right now, which is the easiest way to bring in all your movies. I think this would make for a great feature request to better handle

Not being familiar with MyMovies, I'm not sure I understand. Why can't the assistant be used?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:14 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Its more that I have to rename them all, not that MM is doing anything (other than it already has them all cataloged!).

That brings up a really good question for me though... MM has already done a lot of the heavy lifting in my case. Every movie has an XML file, etc; Is there any chance you could read the fields from the existing XML files when you go to import? For instance the MM XML looks something like this... several fields are there like the IMDB code:

Edit - Removed the XML guess it can't be used now. Sorry!

Last edited by madpoet on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:14 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Pafsanias wrote:
Very difficult to correct if I can't reproduce and that particular show downloaded and exported fine in multiple systems.

I had a better look at the log you posted and saw that it's happenning when downloading data, not when exporting. I'll try to handle the case blindly, I'll let you know.

I am going to try to do the same title on another system and see if maybe the problem is on my PC side. I will let you know later tonight.

Thanks for the effort.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:17 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

madpoet wrote:
Its more that I have to rename them all, not that MM is doing anything (other than it already has them all cataloged!).

That brings up a really good question for me though... MM has already done a lot of the heavy lifting in my case. Every movie has an XML file, etc; Is there any chance you could read the fields from the existing XML files when you go to import? For instance the MM XML looks something like this... several fields are there like the IMDB code:

Madpoet,

Are you using the latest MyMovies? The last few versions are encrypting the XML file due to the fact that another application was using the XML (which has MM proprietary information on it) and using it for its own scrapping. MM was not happy about this and asked them to stop doing it but that application refused so MM decided to just encrypt the XML.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:20 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Bleh... I am using 4.02, wasn't aware that had changed. Oh well! Scratch that idea.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:23 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

madpoet wrote:
Bleh... I am using 4.02, wasn't aware that had changed. Oh well! Scratch that idea.

Yeah, try to open one of the XML files and you will see. Not sure if its doing it to the older XML files or only to the ones that have been created with the newer version.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:07 pm 

Pafsanias wrote:

Not being familiar with MyMovies, I'm not sure I understand. Why can't the assistant be used?

What I meant was to use the Assistance mode in 10Muse your movie file name and folder name needs to be the same or the assistance won't add the file.

DIY WHS - 12.5TB and growing, too many gadgets to list

Did you read the MediaSmartServer blog today?
Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
"Like a midget at a urinal, stay on your toes!" - Lieutenant Frank Drebin

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:49 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

KillroyWasHere wrote:
Pafsanias wrote:

I am going to try to do the same title on another system and see if maybe the problem is on my PC side. I will let you know later tonight.

I tried this from another PC (I transferred all the files on the 10Muse folder) and it crashed at the exact same spot.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:38 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

I did some mock ups of a possible GUI to showcase full screen covers:

And when you select a movie you get the standard movie info pop up:

When you click outside the above area then you return to full covers.

I don't know if this is possible but this is just a suggestion for possible improvements.

I am not sure how you want do a portrait layout but the current cover size will not allow perfect layout so I don't know if resizing them or scaling them to allow a better fit but you can fit a lot more covers in portrait orientation than you can in landscape. If you want me to create a mock I can give it a shot.

BTW, you have permission to incorporate these designs if you want to....lol

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:40 am 

KillroyWasHere wrote:

I don't know if this is possible but this is just a suggestion for possible improvements.

I am not sure how you want do a portrait layout but the current cover size will not allow perfect layout so I don't know if resizing them or scaling them to allow a better fit but you can fit a lot more covers in portrait orientation than you can in landscape. If you want me to create a mock I can give it a shot.

Seriously, Big Mamas House 2 :crazy: :mrgreen:

I do like the mock ups. I think a full wall view as you show would be a big plus, especially for those who have large libraries.

DIY WHS - 12.5TB and growing, too many gadgets to list

Did you read the MediaSmartServer blog today?
Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
"Like a midget at a urinal, stay on your toes!" - Lieutenant Frank Drebin

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:50 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

10Muse Library Manager 1.2.1.3 is up. You will find it in the "Downloads" section of www.10muse.net. Apart from minor bug fixes, It adds support for two additional file formats (.ts and .mts).

thanks to Killroy for testing.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Pafsanias for this post
Mart1001
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:02 am 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

KillroyWasHere wrote:

thanks for the suggestion killroy, very impressive work. It looks similar to one of the first designs (dated back in May). The current design was found to be more practical.

Technically, one of the problems was the absence of the standard Apple's table (called UIViewTable). The scrolling speed and smoothness you get with the current design is because of the use of this particular control (which is the most used control in iOS SDK). Also a 1024 wide popover would never get Apple's aproval.

But I agree, as an option it would be benefitial for some, we 'll look into it.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 85  Next