It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:49 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I am experiencing a reduction in my internet download speed from around 6Mb to about 1.5Mb or less when I have my MSS connected to the router. If I disconnect the server from the router and connect directly to my primary home computer the download speed is around 6Mb which is the rated speed I paid for from my ISP (Time Warner). When I reconnect the server to the router, the download speed coming thought the cable is degraded to about 1.5Mb. I am talking about normal interenet access speed for surfing the net not network traffic between my workstation and the server. I use DSLReports.com to test download speed. I know this is a bit confusing without further info, but I just wanted to post here is see if any of you have experienced this strange behavior.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:03 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

YES...believe it or not I did have this issue.

It started "out of the blue" about 2 months after I had my server up and running. It drove me batty trying to troubleshoot but once I SHUT WEB SITES OFF (in remote access setup), the problem disappeared.

Of course if you want to access your server remotely this solution is a poor one at best.

As I do not have a need to access my "backup device" :wink: remotely, I have no need to troubleshoot at this time.

Hopefully someone else will offer suggestions so once the corruption bug is resolved I can re-enable web sites.

Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:37 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Sorry for not getting back sooner. It turns out my router was failing. When I replaced it the speed returned to normal. Thanks for the reply anyway. :D

Thanks