It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:24 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Hello Peeps. Having had the EX470 for a few years now, i decided to install Linux Ubuntu onto it as a server. This i managed to do without too much hassle. However, there has been a problem as late (not a big one, just a niggly one). I purchased a header unit from Charles a while ago to enable me to see the boot up of the machine. This worked perfectly. Now comes the info i need !! I read somewhere, that someone had made a base unit that incorporated the PS/2 mouse and K/Board connector, VGA and serial connectors as well. This base unit was made of wood, with an aliminum strip and some plastic tubing around the top and bottom. This makes the EX470 look authentic and the connectors are then solid and not on the end of a wire (which keeps breaking). Phew !!!!! Does anyone have the instructioins on how to make this or know somewhere i can get them?? I thank you all in advance.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:37 am 
Founder
Founder

I think this is the base unit you're referring to, it was a custom build: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2765

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank yakuza for this post
SteffJay
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:41 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

yakuza wrote:
I think this is the base unit you're referring to, it was a custom build: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2765

Hmmmmmmm....... This is what is displayed when i click the link: No posts exist inside this topic for the selected time frame. Any suggestions ???

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:57 pm 
Founder
Founder

I suspect you have your Display options configured in such a way as to restrict content, when I click the link whether logged in or not it works fine. Click on "User Control Panel" in the upper right, then "Board Preferences", then "Edit display options" and see if you have any limits in place.

Thanks