It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Do you use Text or HTML Daily Email Reports?
Text formatted Daily Email Reports 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
HTML formatted Daily Email Reports 83%  83%  [ 5 ]
Lite Mode for me, I don't need Daily Email Reports 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:35 pm 
Founder
Founder

I'm curious if anyone is actually using the Text daily email reports or if everyone uses HTML. It would be a bit of a maintenance convenience to remove the text formatted emails if nobody is using them. Please vote in the poll.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:44 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I use the html email reports only.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:23 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

is there a way to test this? I click the test button when I set up my SMS account. That worked at first it was coming from a weird like phone number then it started coming from my email but if I dont click test I dont get notifications. Does it only send emails if there are issues.

Sorry I ment this to be its own thread sorry!!!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:31 pm 
Founder
Founder

Health Alerts are only sent when there are issues. The Daily Report is a different recipient type, make sure you've configured one of those and then you can test it to see a sample report.
http://www.remotenotification.com/docum ... recipient/

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:12 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I did that when i first set up. I set up SMS for @txt.att.net then MMS.att.net but I never receive the text message. how can I verify that it is not something stupid on my side (That I did)?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:24 pm 
Founder
Founder

Are you asking about the health notifications, or the daily reports?

I already explained the daily reports. If it's the health notifications, then the Test button will show if you have configured your recipient correctly. If that works and you've not received any alerts, check the Message History tab in the Remote Notification tab and see if notifications are failing to send. You can also try my Notification Generator tool in the Add-Ins section of the site.

If none of that helps you determine what is going on, then you can create a Debug zip file on the Advanced settings tab and email that file to yakuza AT mediasmartserver DOT net.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:45 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Daily reports Ill relook. I assumed that daily reports could be sent by SMS. I apparently missed something Ill relook at the set up nothing looks like it failed.

Haha like always Yakuza you have been a great help.

I do have one last request can you point me in the right direction for more info about push notifications. Like is there any risk to the server security or such? is one better then the other? As I have an iPhone "Push" looks good but looks like it requires and app. does it only work if the apps active or does it send notifications no matter what. Again sorry I missed the page that explains reports.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:55 pm 
Founder
Founder

Daily Reports are a different recipient type from Email or SMS. Check the link I gave above, it tells you how to set up a Daily Report recipient.

Here's the help topic on Push Notifications. There is no risk for security, the requests are out-bound from the server to the push notification service, no inbound connections to your server are opened. All push notifications require an app on the mobile device, rather than write my own for each platform I chose to integrate with the most popular apps on each mobile platform, as people that like push notifications are probably already getting them for other apps. I personally prefer Prowl slightly over Push, mainly due to ease of integration, but it really doesn't matter, whichever you prefer.
http://www.remotenotification.com/docum ... recipient/

I've tried to make the documentation very comprehensive, let me know if you have feedback on how it could be improved.

Thanks