It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:04 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

This is totally a budget killer, but I do like the case. Its got 5 drive bays internal, anyway to mod the case to make the hot swap bays accessible from the side? With trays?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811112329

Also I like this idea for health monitoring

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 1&Tpk=tr-5

Is there a panel that will also show Disk Health?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:43 am 

Lian Li makes a fine case but there are other very similar cases where the drives can be installed in the same manor. What I like about the case you pointed out is the fans in the front blowing air over the drives and the top fan exhausting air out of the enclosure but I tend to like fans although unlike most fan noise doesn't bother me much. Alot of people tend to change out the fans mostly due to noise level others to improve cooling efficiency. Some motherboards can control the fan speeds for you based on temperatures. Its good your looking around, exploring your options and putting a great deal of thought into your build.

Its also nice to see you changed you motherboard requirement from an mITX which limits the encloser choices to an mATX which increases your flexibility. Just keep in mind what you want from your server today and if possible what you may be doing with it down the road. Build it once and you will find you built it right. While your needs may change in a year or two its this you have to consider or you could very well be building another server. If you can keep it small there is something to be said for that.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:31 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I don't think that noise should be a problem. One, I'm not in the utility room in my house all that often, and 2, fans should be easy to replace.

Part of what attracts me to this case, is its not BLACK. I am allergic to black, and I do like the blue LED fan's.

Also the power supply I've chosen has blue LED fans as well, though its in the back and bottom.

The more I read about the Lian Li case, is the rubber mounting and vibration isolation.

Thanks