It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:50 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Do I need to run my Mac SL (10.6.7) in 32bit kernel mode for the Time machine backup to work on my EX485 running the 3.0 upgrade? I have the Early 2011 Macbookpro and by default it runs in 64 bit mode.
Sankar

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:51 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I figured it out myself. I thought it may be beneficial to others. HP server client software on Mac will not work if the Mac OS runs in 64 bit mode. I am not sure when Apple started by default shipping the MaxOS with 64 bit mode. I am using the Early 2011 model Macbook pro and by default it is shipped with 64 bit mode enabled.

How do I I know if my MAc is running 32 or 64 bit?
You can click on the Apple logo on the top left corner and select "About this Mac" ---> "More Info"--->"Software" and check the "64-bit Kernel and Extensions". If it is set to "YES" you have to change to "NO"

How do I change to 32 bit?
Click on Spot light and enter "Terminal". Then type this command without the quotes "sudo systemsetup -setkernelbootarchitecture i386".
You may want to re-boot the system and check the "64-bit Kernel and Extensions" now reads "NO"

You should be able to use the HP Mediasmart Server client software to connect to the EX485 or any EX4XX server.

Thanks