All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:15 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

mazaa wrote:
Usually the only hint of these updates is that things just "work better."
=====================

That would explain why when I turned on my monitor this morning I had a warning from MobileMe telling me password was incorrect! :o

Never had that before so it seems to me that sometimes...things just don't work better... :rofl:

Mind you at the same time that damn Google Earth has updated itself and left the usual DOS icon at the bottom of my screen...this despite my removing Google Update, disabling both entries in Task Scheduler and other associated 'hacks' to try and stop it updating itself without my consent. :evil:

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:51 pm 

Don't you just hate that when it happens. For example toolbars love to install them self and how many if any do you really need. Most software installs might recommend installing a toolbar and if you decline they are not installed but some just install themself anyway.

When uninstalling things they often do not fully remove everything leaving traces of themself behind or orphaned but they are still there. For this reason I like System Mechanic which I find usefull for cleaning out files left behind or not properly removed from a computer and it does a few other things and it does it well too.

Good software will always let you know when updates are available and give you the option to install. Good software will also keep your previous settings. When I encounter something that decides for me then I question its value and more times then not will remove it from my system but I do keep things to a minimum only installing what is useful and hopefully respectful giving me the option to run and install updates.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks