It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:31 pm 

I found the forum through a Google search to help me set up my new EX490. Glad that you all are here and that the community is healthy. Looking forward to learn and help where I can.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:05 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I found this site via a link on the www.thegreenbutton.com forum. I was looking for information on WHS to support my Media Center addiction.

WHS - CPU AMD Athlon II-X4, MB ASUS M4AB9GTD Pro, Case Antec 300, RAM 4GB DDR3, Storage 7.6 TB

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:32 pm 

Found you on Google. Looking for a NAS set-up for my house.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:49 am 

First post new Member
Hello Everyone
my name is mick and i'm from the UK just on the outskirts of north London, i discovered this friendly helpful forum by goggling, i have recently purchased a second hand smartmedia LX195 off Ebay and unfortunately i'm not to pleased as it was advertised as new, it has various problems one being connectivity, when i turn the thing off i can't connect once booted up, and i can't back up my other computers, it now isn't a problem as i have decided to use it for Linux with a KVM cable once it arrives, (paid for this morning) it will be ideal for Bittorrent and safe surfing having a small carbon footprint, actually i'm not to bothered about the carbon but using it will lower my electricity bill,
mick

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:10 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I found this site when I searched Google for MediaSmart server debug boards...

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:08 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

:hp: :sanjuan:
Been Lurking for a while . Found this site on google while researching.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:17 pm 

Found the site via google while researching after buying my HP MediaServer. Some of you guys have great setups, I hope to join the ranks of the elite quickly.

1 Alienware laptop
1 Macbook pro
2 xbox360's
1 ps3
1 apple tv
1 Mac-mini (snow leopard server)
1 MacPro with (VM Win7, VM Server 08)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:18 pm 

kheard73 wrote:
Found the site via google while researching after buying my HP MediaServer. Some of you guys have great setups, I hope to join the ranks of the elite quickly.

Great to have you onboard. Don't hesitate to ask any questions along the way, it doesn't take much to join the "elite" status, just spare money and too much time on your hands!!

DIY WHS - 12.5TB and growing, too many gadgets to list

Did you read the MediaSmartServer blog today?
Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
"Like a midget at a urinal, stay on your toes!" - Lieutenant Frank Drebin

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:28 pm 

Hi kheard73,

Welcome to the forums and the every growing family of Windows Home Server users. dbone1026's right just time and money but the time spent will be very much enjoyed as you begin to discover what your server can do for you.

Ya know a good server is like being married but the server has one plus, when it acts up it has a reset button or in the case of yours a momentary press of the power button and it will shut down.

Anyway if you roam the forums you will see one great thing here and that others helping others or showing the various things they do with their servers so we learn from each other and who knows maybe we will also learn from you too.

Just remember that RESET as it can be your best friend.....

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:02 am 

Have been reading this site for some time and I finally joined the site few days back. Found it through Wegotserved site. I came across it when I was trying to make a decision on buy vs build and after reading the DIY section in this forum I finally took the path of build. Some builds which inspired me were..Shawshank's redemption :), Super WHS II, Andromeda and few others. Although they were way too bigger than what I was planning, but it was good to go over the threads to understand many aspects of building them. Great work guys..keep up the good work..Hope I can contribute more in future..
It seems the access of this site from my home is blocked as the Site has blocked my ISP's IP range so only way I have is from work. Anyways will try my best to contribute and share as much possible..

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:36 am 
Founder
Founder

anthonynishat wrote:
It seems the access of this site from my home is blocked as the Site has blocked my ISP's IP range so only way I have is from work. Anyways will try my best to contribute and share as much possible..

PM'd you on this, I've been doing some spam blocking and looks like maybe too broadly.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:58 am 

Hi,
Just joined your site today. I think I found this site while on AVS Forum reading about Zappiti. I currently have the Dune Base 3.0 and the Asus O!Play. I have been using external hard drives with these but thinking about getting the HP MediaSmart if I can find one at a reasonable price. I have many questions which I guess I will post in another area of the forum.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:47 pm 

found the site when i was searching for a guide about my router and problems about 2 different WHS instals. I have a Acer Aspire 340 and a HP datavault system. I have only been using them as a backup system for my computers at work but i have now added some extra features on them so ill probably have a few questions to you all in a later time :) it seems like the right place for ideas and plans for how to use WHS in a more productive way.

Ecuse my english, im norwegian!

:)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:20 am 

Found this site while searching Google for HP Media Servers

I just purchased a EX490 from NewEgg a few days ago

Should be here tomorrow Tuesday 11-16 and then the fun begins

I have read a bunch and will set up my new toy tomorrow afternoon

I have also purchase a second HD Wd Green 1TB EARS Drive to add to this before I fire it.

I look to quietly learn all about these servers from the assembled knowledgebase here....

Mike :sanjuan:

HP MediaSmart EX490

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:14 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I found you guys when I was looking for a media server solution. I was debating over a few and when I typed in ex490 on google your site came up. As I was researching, I found more and more links on google to your site. I decided to start reading more of the posts, and eventually registered. Thanks for a great resource btw! :banana:

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next