It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:34 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Gen3 KVM Coming Soon!
...with full PS2 Keyboard and PS2 Mouse support, with protection against electromagnetic interference (EMI) and electrostatic discharges (ESD).

I take great pride in making each cable and I take complaints very seriously.

When a few people started seeing keyboard discrepancies (most keyboard worked but some did not), I started another forum, where users can document various keyboard compatibility issues spanning various hardware. With the help of forum member "James_T_White", we came up with a solution that not only provides the necessary components to provide keyboard/mouse support, but also provides protection against electrostatic discharges and protection against electromagnetic interference.

The board (pictured below) was recently sent away to be mass-produced and should be available in less than a month. I would like to thank everyone who made the board possible--"yakuza", 'James_T_White" and the beta testers who bravely tested the various revisions.

Update: The Gen3 debug board released. Click here to order.

Attachments:
GI0F7406 (Large).JPG
GI0F7406 (Large).JPG [ 92.92 KiB | Viewed 26334 times ]

Last edited by cakalapati on Mon May 10, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks  
The following user would like to thank cakalapati for this post
azasadny, efegue, yakuza

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:00 am 

I bought the Gen2 cable after reviews in this forum and at the same time I bought the LX195 server from Amazon. I did it because was a great opportunity to have a cheaper server, I pay only $199 for the server and $70 for the Gen2. I recommend this KVM adapter because was very easy to install, works great in my server, I haven't complaints, works awesome.

I tweak my LX195 locating inside the Gen2 and I remove the plastic enclosure but cover the adapter with insolation tape preventing some short circuit, I'll upload some pictures of these work later.

I use USB mouse and keyboard instead of the PS/2 connectors with a Jumper in the JP3 (in my motherboard had print JP3 not JP2, but if you look for pictures in this forum to put the jumper, is the same place).

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:38 pm 

I received my Gen2 cable about a week ago and installed it in an Acer H340. I connected a keyboad via PS/2 and mouse via USB (although I currently have an empty USB to PS/2 adapter plugged into the mouse port on the assembly, not sure if that makes a difference) and was able to successfully poke around the BIOS. Really, the only thing I found I could alter was the boot order. If anyone knows of a way to manage fan speed from the BIOS, that could be useful.

Happy to report that Ubuntu Server 10.04 and Ubuntu derivative Linux Mint 8 seem to work out of the box on the H340. I'm still waffling on whether or not I need or want a gui on my server.

Two thumbs up for the Gen2 cable though. It's worked flawlessly for me.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:58 pm 

Is there a chance you still have some GEN4 adapters left? I would like to buy one.
Thanks

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:53 pm 

I just bought a brand new EX-495 this weekend and was hoping someone has a Gen 3 or Gen 4 for sale? Borrow for a month and get paid $30 for your trouble of mailing it? Anything..pretty please

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9