It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: hpMSSAgent Problems
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:10 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

On my MacBookPro running 10.6.3 (also when I was running 10.6.2) I get this damn hpMSSAgent that opens on startup and can not be quit or force quit. It inhibits shutdown or restart and is driving me nuts.

Is it due to Twonky and do I need to disable media collection or streaming to eliminate it? Pretty crappy software that does not allow it to be gracefully quit.

This does not happen with my Mac Pro running 10.5.8.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: hpMSSAgent Problems
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:53 am 

I too have always had this problem although I have noticed that it only occurs when Media Collector is gathering new stuff. I think it closed by itself eventually yesterday so I'm not sure it is really a big deal.

Just a little annoying.

Tim

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:51 am 

All,

I'm having a problem under 10.6.3 where the hpMSSAgent is taking up approximately 30% of the CPU at all times, even when it's not doing anything. Also, whenever I click on the icon in the status bar it beachballs for a couple of seconds before dropping down the menu. Anyone else seeing this? Any solutions out there?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:49 pm 

Quick update -

I only see the processor usage spike up to 30% ish when the Mac is not connected to a network that the mediasmart is on. Still get the pause on the status bar click regardless.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:09 pm 

I don't have problems with hpMSSagent stopping things from happening, but I do see it churning away all the time taking around 30% CPU. I do use the media collector facility, but I'd like to be able to at least turn it on and off so I can get my CPU back! Is there any way to stop the process temporarily, or turn it on and off?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:21 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I am also having this issue. I am on 10.6.4 and my CPU temp is above 75*C with this thing running. Is there any way to possibly stop it from running and only run when I want it to do something? Not having this issue with any of my PCs that are on my Network.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:19 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I know this topic goes back a bit so hopefully this is still relevant. It is with me, anyway.

I had rebuilt my new Macbook Air a few times already and each time installed the HP Software directly from disc. Finally I just offloaded it onto the Server > Software folder and ended up installing it from there at one point. THAT is when my CPU started hitting the 25-40% mark 24/7. I uninstalled the HP pkg and re-installed again from the DISC, and the problem went away.

I doesn't seem as though that should be the problem, but I've verified it twice now. That could just be blind luck but thought those having problems could increase the test sample size by trying it themselves.

Of course if you all have been installing off your CD and *still* have the problem, then that shoots down my theory! :)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:36 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

ender21 wrote:
I know this topic goes back a bit so hopefully this is still relevant. It is with me, anyway.

I had rebuilt my new Macbook Air a few times already and each time installed the HP Software directly from disc. Finally I just offloaded it onto the Server > Software folder and ended up installing it from there at one point. THAT is when my CPU started hitting the 25-40% mark 24/7. I uninstalled the HP pkg and re-installed again from the DISC, and the problem went away.

I doesn't seem as though that should be the problem, but I've verified it twice now. That could just be blind luck but thought those having problems could increase the test sample size by trying it themselves.

Of course if you all have been installing off your CD and *still* have the problem, then that shoots down my theory! :)

Started happening to me again today. So, back to the drawing board. :x

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:13 pm 

TurtleDriver wrote:
On my MacBookPro running 10.6.3 (also when I was running 10.6.2) I get this damn hpMSSAgent that opens on startup and can not be quit or force quit. It inhibits shutdown or restart and is driving me nuts.

I'm experiencing the same issue (must force quit hpMSSAgent to shut down). I've started a support call with HP. Their first request is that I uninstall NAV and report back, which I'll do this weekend. I've been searching the internet for a solution and came accross this forum and post. If HP comes up with a fix for me, I'll let you know. -Wm.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:55 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I had the same problem too. I got a new HD for my MBP and when I reinstalled HP software it hasn't come back yet. I also haven't enabled media collector for the new HD yet though.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:47 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I wish I could remember what I did to fix this, I've had no issues for months. I think I simply deleted all the files on the Mac and then re-installed the software from the server.

I'm running 10.6.5 on both my Macs now too (without issues).

Thanks