It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:46 pm 

Hello,

I have had this EX470 for serveral months running 1.x version. Recently took the plunge and upgraded to 3.0 with no issues. The Server has been running for a month with no issues. Last Sat my network came down. After several hours of trouble-shooting, which lead me to think that it was the linksys router. But after removing all the network lan connections and plugging them in one at a time I notice that the EX470 server was causing my router to stop accessing the DSL and all my PC would pop up a limited network connection icon until I removed the lan connection for the EX470. I had to power cycle the EX470 and everything was back to normal until tonight it is doing it again. It brought down all my lan connection and now I can't access the EX470 without having to power cycle the EX470. Any thoughts what might be causing it, its almost like its trying to do a port scan or trying to act as a DCHP Server. I loaded the MS tooklit because it fails when running the test. I tried connecting the EX470 to a switch then to router to acess it but no luck.. This really sucks because there is no way to access it to see what is causing the problem...

Any clues or thoughts would be appericated.

Steve

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:47 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Sounds like an overheating issue. My EX475 has the same symptoms when the CPU runs too hot. Do you have an upgraded CPU installed and Video Converter running at the background? Monitor your CPU temps. This issue usually occurs when CPU temps reach more than 52 degrees Celsius.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:58 am 

I did update the CPU awhile back that was about 6 months ago and have the notifcations on to email if it reaches a certain temp. The CPU has always been around 23 Celisus. I noticed when I plug-in the lan cable from the MSS to a hub the port lan blinks constant and does not ever get an ip address from the router. Ended up power cycling it and everything is back to now for now. I think I going to try and update the NIC Driver next..

Thanks for the info
Steve

Thanks