It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: 3.0 Upgrde and TZO
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:53 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I have a 470 machine which I had runnning a website http://galien.ca I am also using TZO and forwarding to port 8080
Everything was working beautifully. I had php, hmailerver all running fine.
Yesterday I upgraded the software to 3.0. i went through the process of setting up remote access. However I can no longer get to my website outside my house. When I contacted TZO support, they told me that the new upgrade required port 443.
I can't use this as my ISP blocks it. They only way I can seem to get to my website is by typing https://galien.ca:8080
TZO tells me that it is an issue that they are working with HP on but they do not know if it may be resolved soon. I am really annoyed as I thought I would reap some benefits from the upgrade but so far I have seen nothing but challeneges like this one
I have tried reading through the forums on this and other sites but do not seem see any solution
I have not even tackled reinstalling php and hmailserver as yet

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: 3.0 Upgrde and TZO
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:58 am 
Founder
Founder

I posted a reply in the blog. Sorry to hear of your troubles. I’m not aware of any changes that would cause what you are experiencing, the underlying Windows Home Server OS is the same, and that is what manages IIS. You should be able to reconfigure the IIS ports to get SSL running on a different port if you need to.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:04 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

yakuza wrote:
I posted a reply in the blog. Sorry to hear of your troubles. I’m not aware of any changes that would cause what you are experiencing, the underlying Windows Home Server OS is the same, and that is what manages IIS. You should be able to reconfigure the IIS ports to get SSL running on a different port if you need to.

This is what I got from TZO"
"Unfortunately, after the 3.0 update, the server will *require* port 443 for
remote access. The new version of the interface doesn't correctly handle
alternate ports for SSL. As you've probably seen, you can get to the HP
landing page, but none of the functions will work. Actually, if you hover
your mouse over the different links, you'll see for yourself that the server
doesn't use the alternate port.

For example, you see something like:
javascript:onClickHandler('https://galien.ca/PhotoViewer');

When it should be:
javascript:onClickHandler('https://galien.ca:8080/PhotoViewer');

We're doing all we can with HP to get this resolved, but I'm not sure
there's anything that can be done (eg. I don't think HP will put out a v3.1
update just to fix this).

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:22 am 
Founder
Founder

You can edit those links, or just not use the Control Center.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:30 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

yakuza wrote:

You are right but it is annoying

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:23 pm 

As I mentioned in the blog, I have an EX470 and use TZO. I tried to access my home server remotely and it "worked" without modifying the code which I had to do in Version 1.x. This is a great step forward. However, I have to use port 4443 because of the blocks by my ISP. In Remote Access mode, I cannot get past the main page which lists the 4 options because of the absence of the 4443 port in the link

Since I am not a deep techie anymore, could someone provide some detailed instructions as to how and where to change the links in the HP web code to reflect the need for the 4443. A previous link identified the folder and file names, but not the explicit code needing changes.
Thanks
David

Last edited by davidb on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:54 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

davidb wrote:
As I mentioned in the blog, I have an EX470 and use TZO. I tried to access my home server remotely and it "worked" without modifying the code which I had to do in Version 1.x. This is a great step forward. However, I have to use port 4443 because of the blocks by my ISP. Ine Remote Access mode, I cannot get past the main page which lists the 4 options because of he absence of the 4443 port in the link

Since I am not a deep techie anymore, could someone provide some detailed instructions as to how and where to change the links in the HP web code to reflect the need for the 4443. A previous link identified the folder and file names, but not the explicit code needing changes.
Thanks
David

I am like you David but I am annoyed that the upgrade is not really an upgrade in the sense it is more of a new build, now I find I am having problems with PHP as I used am open source photo viewer called SCRY which does not want to be behave
I am really at the point of thinking about a factory reset and going back to the previous version

What really annoys me is the folks at TZO said that this is a recognized problem but HP is not moving quickly to fix it

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:56 pm 
Founder
Founder

Jeff, did you have some custom setup with TZO? There was no feature in the product for TZO to forward to arbitrary ports on the MSS so unless there's something I'm not aware of you must have set something up custom with TZO. The feature TZO delivered in the MSS that differentiated it from the default Windows Live domain was "Secure Web Forwarding" and was designed for ISPs that block port 80 but allow traffic on 443.

The only problem I've heard you say TZO acknowledges is that the Control Center links won't work if you change the ports on your WHS. That can be modified as I mentioned above. However to access your server your will need to type in the custom port.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:23 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

yakuza wrote:
Jeff, did you have some custom setup with TZO? There was no feature in the product for TZO to forward to arbitrary ports on the MSS so unless there's something I'm not aware of you must have set something up custom with TZO. The feature TZO delivered in the MSS that differentiated it from the default Windows Live domain was "Secure Web Forwarding" and was designed for ISPs that block port 80 but allow traffic on 443.

The only problem I've heard you say TZO acknowledges is that the Control Center links won't work if you change the ports on your WHS. That can be modified as I mentioned above. However to access your server your will need to type in the custom port.

Sorry, all I know is that my ISP blocks port 443. Using TZO I was able to change to port 8080 instead. The setting I had in TZO was forward requests for galien.ca to https://galien.ca:8080 With the upgrade this no longer works. You are quite correct that when I changed the ports after the upgrade I did have to type in the custome port. But it seems to me that I have to look at everything that may be affected

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:56 am 
Founder
Founder

This wasn't done in the WHS software, was it? You had to do it through TZO?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:28 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

yakuza wrote:
This wasn't done in the WHS software, was it? You had to do it through TZO?

THat is correct I had to go through TZO

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:29 am 
Founder
Founder

So I don't see what the issue is. You should still be able to configure TZO to use your new port. And all they've told you that will break is the Control Center links. What am I missing?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:21 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

yakuza wrote:

Even if I edit these links it seems that both Photo Viewer, Mediastreamer want to use port 443.
This seems to coded somewhere and i do not know how to change it

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:32 pm 
Founder
Founder

Now that does make sense, and I gave it a try and see that at least in PhotoViewer they hardcode some paths to https://servername/filename.jpg which doesn't include the modified port. Bummer. Thanks for the additional detail.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:40 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

yakuza wrote:
Now that does make sense, and I gave it a try and see that at least in PhotoViewer they hardcode some paths to https://servername/filename.jpg which doesn't include the modified port. Bummer. Thanks for the additional detail.

So I am basically "screwed" as is anyone else who has an ISP that blocks port 443? :evil:

Thanks