It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3.0 update??
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:31 am 

I like that avatar, phil. Actually looked at my screen and thought what's that bug doing crawling around. LOL

MediaSmartServer.net Wiki, it's loaded with helpful information about WHS and the HP MediaSmart Server.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:04 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

phil wrote:
Yes, its right £10,
I have not received mine yet but have been charged and the website states that it has been shipped.

As you imply, its an unusually low price, in the UK we normally have to pay 1 pound per dollar plus VAT (17.5%) plus postage and packing.

Its a good deal.

nice..i'm on it then

cheers

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:23 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Has anyone heard from HP yet?

It's well after my expected delivery date, I have no updated shipping info, and no one from HP has contacted me. WTF is going on over there?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:56 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

One would think that if they really underestimated the demand for the update that there would be mention of at least a few people on this site that have gotten the disks shipped. Sounds to me like none of them have shipped.

Edit: Here's an update from we got served.

http://www.wegotserved.com/2010/03/03/whats-the-latest-on-the-hp-mediasmart-server-update/

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:33 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Ordered my discs on 3/3 with 2 day delivery. On the website it says that the expected delivery date is 3/18. Really??

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:04 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Yes, but for all your trouble HP is nice enough to give you 10% off a calculator LOL.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:48 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

hellerbrewing wrote:
Yes, but for all your trouble HP is nice enough to give you 10% off a calculator LOL.

Actually that is for everyone not in North America, or at least that is what it sounds like.

Everyone in Canada is lucky enough to pay $60 + for crappy service and shipping, and everyone in the States gets stuck paying twice as much as everyone Europe does. (could be worse, Canadians get the worst service and pricing)

What pisses me off the most is they fraudulently sold "finished" products that were not even produced. If they told everyone they were taking pre orders for the discs, no one would have been pissed off. Instead they managed to turn a positive thing into a completly negative experience for some of their best customers.

Thank god I finished my own Windows Home Serve last month, I will now be cleaning off the HP and selling it on Ebay and let some other poor sole deal with HP.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:09 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

How high can the demand REALLY be? I can't imagine very many people actually own these servers.

Does anyone have a link to contact/email HP customer service? The email they sent me stating my purchase was going to be delayed had no contact info included. And their website is a piece of garbage. Thanks in advance.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:42 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Well

Here in the UK I recieved my discs in the post. They came from mainland Europe (Holland)
They are not shiney silver pressed origionals but purple tinged rewitables which have the HP detailes printed on them
*Edit* the server recovery disk is a purple tinged rewitable and the other 2 discs are proper pressed disks
I am in the process of doing the server reinstall now
The main install is done and am doing the windows update as I write. Power pack 3 update and a few other updates
the patch 2 update from HP came up straight away as an install after loading the consul for the first time

ern

Macbook Air, Mac Mini
Viewbook Win8.1 Laptop
Acer Revo W7 PC for recording TV

Last edited by ern on Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:12 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Wow. Crappy burned discs? I would say this is unbelievable. But it isn't.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:29 am 
MVP/Moderator
MVP/Moderator

glide wrote:
So has ANYONE received their update discs?

At this point I'm wondering if I should just cancel my order. I'm so sick of HP's lack of customer service and inability to meet self proclaimed release dates.

Anyone figured out HOW to cancel our orders WITHOUT having to wait forever on a phone?

EX475, 2 GB, LE-1640
PC1: Vista-->W7 Ultimate/32, (D-Drive RAID-5 Array)
PC2: Lenovo Laptop, Win XP Home SP3
2xLinksys WRT54G v1.1 and 2xNetGear GS105 Gbit switch

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:15 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

JohnBick wrote:
glide wrote:
So has ANYONE received their update discs?

At this point I'm wondering if I should just cancel my order. I'm so sick of HP's lack of customer service and inability to meet self proclaimed release dates.

Anyone figured out HOW to cancel our orders WITHOUT having to wait forever on a phone?

I tried to cancel online, but was given a number to call. When I called, guess what? That person couldn't help me either.

I wasted 30 minutes trying to cancel my order today. I hope HP has some idea of the mess they created and the lousy customer service that has followed. They've been awfully tight lipped about the whole situation, so I'm guessing not.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:46 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I posted this already, but it seems this is the more active thread. I'll delete the other post if I can.

Here's my story...

This has been quite a hassle...

I ordered on 02/24 with regular shipping and had an expected delivery of 03/02.

On 03/02 I got an e-mail about the possible delay and it also said:

"We are striving to meet our estimated delivery date; in case where this is not met due to various reasons, an HP representative will attempt to contact you to communicate a new date and/or discuss possible alternative support solutions that could better meet your needs."

I never got contacted by a representative. So I just called the number that appears when I track the order online today.

The first round of calls got me nowhere, 2 transfers, 3 different phone numbers, and got hung up on once. Everyone passing the buck to the next department.

The second time I called the number on the tracking site it got me to a lady wanting to transfer me to one of the numbers I had already been transfered to. I explained what had happened before and that I was concerned nobody knew what was going on and that they had already charged me for the item.

She insisted that she had to transfer me there because that was the MediaSmart department...

So I finally got to a tech support guy that knew what was going on, but said that it wasn't really their department to handle but it had fallen on their lap.

He said if you order today it shows a delivery date 03/25 (estimate) and that he's not even sure if that will be honored. He then said he guessed it was because they were not expecting so much demand. He then said, and I don't know if this slipped or he didn't actually mean what he said, that to his knowledge no discs had been shipped.

Then he said the only thing he could do was cancel my order and have me re-order with the more expensive shipping option... That's when my jaw dropped. If they are giving priority to orders that pay the higher shipping cost regardless of when the order was placed, that's really low in my opinion.

Finally he said that he can only see the same info we see on the tracking site (mine still says expected delivery 4 days ago on 03/05), and that "it is coming".

Still love my server, but disappointed at HP at the moment...

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:32 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Like many others...I placed my order in good faith..expecting it to actually ship since they said it was available. That was now nearly 3 weeks ago. AND I paid extra for overnight shipping. What a crock! I am very disappointed. Especially as someone who worked for HP for 10 years and still continue to be supporter of their products. I don't get it...I wasted my time and my money. Maybe I can find that someone has posted the ISOs somewhere and download them.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:35 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

LOL, they probably have one guy somewhere burning copies on his CD burner.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next