It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:52 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I have read about this error on several forums including this one and ran into the "Could not initialize UI subsystem" error. I have scoured google and I don't see why I am getting this error because it often seems to be related to RAID and IDE issues. So i tried installing with a USB key. My hard drivers are on the MOBO SATA controller and I don't have any IDE plugged in. I am running a Quad core q6600 ( i know its overkill I am just trying the install on my existing pc with a spare hdd before the DIY server build), nvidia 680i SLI and the GeForce 8800 gt. I will try slipstreaming WHS with the MOBO drivers tonight and see if that works just figured I'd pick some other brains in the meantime. Any ideas?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:22 am 
Founder
Founder

Make sure you're watching the install closely as you may need to load drivers with the F6 key during the textmode part of the install (after WHS reboots the first time).

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:34 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

yakuza wrote:
Make sure you're watching the install closely as you may need to load drivers with the F6 key during the textmode part of the install (after WHS reboots the first time).

Sorry I should have added this originally. I cannot add the drivers because I don't get that far. I get the error message during the "Setup is initializing..." screen. I saw that mentioned on several posts but couldn't get that far which is what led me to try to slipstream the drivers with an nLite WHS install.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:05 pm 
Founder
Founder

I had a very hard time getting slipstreaming to work, let me know how that works.

Sounds like you have several video cards in there? Perhaps simplifying your config as much as possible would help...

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:59 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

yakuza wrote:
Sounds like you have several video cards in there? Perhaps simplifying your config as much as possible would help...

I have one video card the 8800 GT. I have a pretty simple config I think. 680i MOBO, Q6600 CPU, 8800GT GFX, Sony DVD-ROM(IDE), and two seagate barrracudas (500GB) on SATA (MOBO Sata Controller). I even tried unplugging the IDE DVD-ROM when installing with USB. Same result. Any other ideas? Thanks. :crazy:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:58 pm 

I had the same problem on my home built WHS box w/ a Q6600. Are you by chance running an ICH9R or ICH10R southbridge?

This happened when I turned on the RAID and tried to install the OS on a RAID 1 partition. I ended up slipstreaming the RAID and chipset driver and then everything installed without issue.

I'm pretty sure that once you slipstream the chipset and SATA/IDE/RAID driver you will no longer have the issue.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:04 pm 

You will get the "Could not initialize UI subsystem" error if you set SATA to AHCI or RAID mode unless you also have another IDE device enabled. The solution is using an IDE DVD drive to do the setup. You will not see the error message and it will let you add the driver through floppy disk. Once installation is complete you can remove the floppy and IDE DVD drive or replace with a SATA DVD drive.

Thanks