It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Did this site influence your decision to purchase the MediaSmart Server?
No, I found this site after I purchased my MSS 36%  36%  [ 97 ]
No, this site is a nice resource but other factors influenced my decision to buy the MSS 4%  4%  [ 10 ]
Yes, this site helped me decide not to buy the MSS 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Yes, this site helped me decide to buy the MSS 58%  58%  [ 159 ]
Other, I just want to participate in this poll 1%  1%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 273
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:40 pm 
Founder
Founder

LittleMike wrote:
So then it was off to the [H]Forum where I frequent whenever I am looking at buying something new for the PC. I immediately found a post where they referenced here for all of my WHS MSS needs, and that's how I ended up here.

Welcome to the site, and thanks for sharing your story! Mind sharing the [H] link? I used to read that all the time but it's been awhile since I've visited.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:45 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

yakuza wrote:
LittleMike wrote:
So then it was off to the [H]Forum where I frequent whenever I am looking at buying something new for the PC. I immediately found a post where they referenced here for all of my WHS MSS needs, and that's how I ended up here.

Welcome to the site, and thanks for sharing your story! Mind sharing the [H] link? I used to read that all the time but it's been awhile since I've visited.

Hi Yakuza,

You are quite welcome. Thanks for the warm welcome. I don't mind at all. The site itself is http://www.hardforum.com. The specific thread that I found linked to here was at http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1422465&highlight=WHS. I hope that helps :) They also have an FAQ that seems to have some useful information, but I found that after I found the thread to come here.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:55 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

The lack of the multiport aware eSata in the newer models made me decide to build my own at this point...i was really surprised to find out the older model had this and they removed it!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:06 pm 

I found this site after I bought my original MSS, but it is definitely influencing my decision to purchase a second unit.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:08 pm 

OilPainterBill wrote:
I found this site after I bought my original MSS, but it is definitely influencing my decision to purchase a second unit.

Welcome to the site!!! Are you looking to replace/upgrade from your first MSS or just looking to add a second to the mix?

DIY WHS - 12.5TB and growing, too many gadgets to list

Did you read the MediaSmartServer blog today?
Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
"Like a midget at a urinal, stay on your toes!" - Lieutenant Frank Drebin

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:35 am 

I luckily found this site before I made a purchase of any sort of home server/NAS solution. I posted a few questions and looked around the site and I think I am sold on the MediaSmart. Keep up the good work.

Dave

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:41 am 

dmpjporter wrote:
I luckily found this site before I made a purchase of any sort of home server/NAS solution. I posted a few questions and looked around the site and I think I am sold on the MediaSmart. Keep up the good work.

Dave

Thanks for sharing Dave, welcome aboard. Does hesitate to ask any questions (Mediasmart related or other). :sanjuan: :mss: :whs:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:39 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I read a review of the HP EX485 some time ago but was not really in the market at the time. I have been using Linux based NAS devices. I recently became more interested, googled for reviews and information, and found mediasmartserver.net. Great site, good information, and was a factor in making the decision to get an EX485. Thanks!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:14 pm 

newton wrote:
I read a review of the HP EX485 some time ago but was not really in the market at the time. I have been using Linux based NAS devices. I recently became more interested, googled for reviews and information, and found mediasmartserver.net. Great site, good information, and was a factor in making the decision to get an EX485. Thanks!

Welcome aboard Newton. Don't hesitate to ask any questions :mss:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:07 pm 

I found this site while researching NAS enclosures. Once I saw how much a decent NAS enclosure was I started looking at WHS setups. After reading various posts here, I decided to pull the trigger and get an EX495. It should be arriving here tomorrow.

Thanks for the site :TR4M:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:01 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

This site is amazing and you guys did influence my decision to get my first mediasmartserver and it is an EX495!!!
Awaiting anxiously for it to be delivered. :banana:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:16 pm 

This forum and the great review you gave of the EX495 was the deciding factor in me purchasing it. I want to thank eveyone in advance for answering all my NEWBIE questions with setting it up. It wil be arriving tomorrow. Thanks again.

Brian

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:35 pm 

brianc0428 wrote:
This forum and the great review you gave of the EX495 was the deciding factor in me purchasing it. I want to thank eveyone in advance for answering all my NEWBIE questions with setting it up. It wil be arriving tomorrow. Thanks again.

Brian

Arriving tomorrow, how will you sleep tonight :mrgreen: Welcome aboard :mss:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:21 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I've been running a homebuilt WHS for some time now and decided to upgrade to a low power WHS..... so I built one on the Atom 330/nVidia Ion platform. I wanted low power but x64 support for Vail. But now that I have Windows 7 running on that (and beautifully, I might add), I don't want to use it for a WHS but keep it as a Media Center PC.

Sooooo.... Bing has 15% off at HP Direct (don't know if it's just today) and free shipping. Not as good as the 25% off awhile back but I think it will do. That puts an EX495 at $595.

I guess I'll have to factor in a VGA cable 'cause I don't think I could live without seeing what is going on (I know, I know, there's a difference between seeing what is going on and messin' with what's going on..... oh well.... I won't say I wasn't warned).

Did this site influence my decision to purchase a MSS? Absolutely! This is a great site and the information here goes hand-in-hand with the MSS.
Tom

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:32 am 

zrtom wrote:
I've been running a homebuilt WHS for some time now and decided to upgrade to a low power WHS..... so I built one on the Atom 330/nVidia Ion platform. I wanted low power but x64 support for Vail. But now that I have Windows 7 running on that (and beautifully, I might add), I don't want to use it for a WHS but keep it as a Media Center PC.

Sooooo.... Bing has 15% off at HP Direct (don't know if it's just today) and free shipping. Not as good as the 25% off awhile back but I think it will do. That puts an EX495 at $595.

I guess I'll have to factor in a VGA cable 'cause I don't think I could live without seeing what is going on (I know, I know, there's a difference between seeing what is going on and messin' with what's going on..... oh well.... I won't say I wasn't warned).

Did this site influence my decision to purchase a MSS? Absolutely! This is a great site and the information here goes hand-in-hand with the MSS.
Tom

Tom,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing. Great to hear you enjoy the Ion/Atom platform as an HTPC. If you search around here several members have purchased or just purchases this platform for that exact purpose (here, here, and here). Don't hesitate to share your experience or any tips/tricks you may have.

Also, another member has incorporated a small 7'' touchscreen monitorinto their MSS setup.

Once again, welcome to the gang :mss:

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next