It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:00 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

There are several ways to install the cable assembly, depending on yours skills and the tools at your disposal. The easiest installation in inside one of the hard drive drawers, however, I encourage users to be creative given their needs and their circumstances.

Attached is a picture of a rather creative installation. This particular installation has the assembly mounted on a brass plate and hinged on a brass tube in the back of the hard drive drawer. When you need VGA/PS2/Serial capabilities, you open the drawer and up comes the assembly connectors. Well done!

If you have an installation picture that you would like to share, feel free to post it to this forum. Want to remain anonymous? Feel free to email me the picture and I can post it for you. The community would love to see your creativity.

Attachments:
gen2-installation.PNG
gen2-installation.PNG [ 226.44 KiB | Viewed 27015 times ]
Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:00 am 

Hi,

I really need one of these now (theyre on backorder still I guess). If anybody in the UK (or elsewhere) wants to sell me their version 1 cable, I would buy it, then you could upgrade to the V2 when it`s available.

Thanks.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:06 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

I know it can be painful to wait, but rest assured the wait is worth it.

I had my cable assembly service on back-order for parts for almost an entire month and some of the emails I got were painful to read. I read messages like "I need a cable or my data is gone" and "any chance in building a gen1 cable". Needless to say, I'm glad I can help so many people with my service. It is a shame that only a handful of people take the time to comment about my cables on this forum.

I'm happy to announce that I received the final shipment of parts and the service can resume in full swing. However, during the back-order wait, I collected a huge number of cable requests. If you are in line, waiting for a requested cable, you should be getting an email from me shortly. Once this backlog is cleared, orders should ship real fast after your payment has cleared.

FYI: It takes a few months to schedule the factory to build the 26-pin female to female cable. I have the cable pictures here in the lower left-hand corner.

Attachments:
GI0F5901 (Medium).JPG
GI0F5901 (Medium).JPG [ 58.2 KiB | Viewed 26762 times ]
Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:09 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Email with order sent.

Thanks!

Last edited by sweitzen on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:42 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

No need for 2 posts of the same. I answered your other post with a link to this thread :p.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:35 am 

Awesome work! I have a question for you though pertaining to the Acer easystore. Do I need to get the ps2 model in order to have a keyboard, or will a generic usb keyboard work fine in the bios?

Thanks

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:43 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

I have been able to get my Acer easyStore working with a USB keyboard and a USB mouse plugged into one of the spare USB ports.

For basic troubleshooting, the VGA-Only cable will do fine, since you can plug a USB keyboard and a USB mouse into your MediaSmart Server or easyStore. The VGA-PS2 cable is ideal for situations where you do not want to use up one or more of your USB ports, or if you were doing BIOS firmware hacking.

Rememeber that to enable the USB keyboard or the PS2 keyboard, you will need to set a jumper on your EX-48x or HD340 hardware.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:44 am 

:sanjuan: Got my cable in the mail yesterday, installed it, setup my BIOS
Worked like a charm, great product! My KVM liked it so much I'll have to drill a hole in my case and leave it connected for a while :P

Connected my USB keyboard and mouse to my USB/PS2 converter then connected to my KVM then to my EX470 worked like a charm!!!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:41 pm 

Hello,
I need to buy a cable please let me know if you are still selling them.
Thanks

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:41 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Yes, I am still selling them. The first post on this topic has all the details you want to know (and more). I've linked it here for your convenience.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:06 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

I got this question (via email) that I thought would be good to answer here:

Question: Does the cable coming out from the motherboard to the PCB contain the wiring for the serial connection in case I wanted to add the serial connection later to the PCB.

Answer: I don't do anything to cripple the functionality of the wire or the PCB between the three product offerings. That is, the three product offerings are the same, except for the extra soldered components and testing. The cable has all 26 wire-leads available and acts as an pin-to-pin extension cable. You can solder (if you wish) a connector to the PCB at a future time and it should work fine. Soldering your own components to the PCB will naturally void any warranty from me.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:30 pm 

Awesome
Thanks Charles!

I purchased a gen1 cable last year and its still working great and gen2 cable 3 day ago for a new server. I think having this cable setup is a must for my servers setup. I give it 5 stars.

Great service
1.Fast turnaround time ( 3 days for me )
2.Great cable setup.
3.Easy person to do business with
4.Easy way to pay ( paypal)
5.Good price ( 90.00 )

Thanks
Ronnie :D

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:38 pm 

:cheers:

Thanks Charles! Cable worked great and you shipped it very fast. I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:12 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Charles,

Thanks for the QUICK turnaround. Received my cable but have yet to try it. I'm sure all will be well as it looks to be a top quality product! Honestly been meaning to get one "just in case" for quite sometime and figured I better so if you "closed" shop I wasn't out in the cold.

However it appears (from another thread) as if you may be branching out and offering additional components in the future. Good for you! Considering the number of satisfied customers that post here we can only expect that whatever you offer will be highly embraced.

Thanks again!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:22 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Hello Charles,

I am happy to tell you that I deliver the cable today ,I install it and it's working

fine with me .

I really appreciate the professional work that you show since first time I contact you .

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work

Raed .

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next