It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:28 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Alex,
I must have apparently missed clicking on a email notificaiton link for (Edit: one of the threads I am subscribed to) and it is no longer sending emails to me. If I just click on the link "unscribe topic" and then click on "subscribe topic" will that be enough to get the emails for this thread coming to me again?
George

Last edited by SeaRay33 on Sun May 10, 2009 7:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:07 am 
Founder
Founder

SeaRay33 wrote:
Alex,
I must have apparently missed clicking on a email notificaiton link for this thread and it is no longer sending emails to me. If I just click on the link "unscribe topic" and then click on "subscribe topic" will that be enough to get the emails for this thread coming to me again?
George

I don't have any errors in the mail logs for your address, George, you can try toggling the subscribe status, but remember it only sends mail the first time a new reply is added to a topic, not for every reply.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:56 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

yakuza wrote:
SeaRay33 wrote:
Alex,
I must have apparently missed clicking on a email notificaiton link for this thread and it is no longer sending emails to me. If I just click on the link "unscribe topic" and then click on "subscribe topic" will that be enough to get the emails for this thread coming to me again?
George

I don't have any errors in the mail logs for your address, George, you can try toggling the subscribe status, but remember it only sends mail the first time a new reply is added to a topic, not for every reply.

Its working again from toggling the subscrib status. I got the notice of this reply in my email. Thanks for the answer.

I am sorry to be so dense, Alex, but you said "it only sends mail the first time a new reply is added" :?: The first time after what? I get notices (to my email address) every time someone sends a reply to any topic I am subscribed to as long as I remember to click on the link in the email notification I recieve which takes me to the topic and the specific reply just posted??? That seems to be the norm for me. Isn't that what happens to everybody. :?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:50 pm 
Founder
Founder

When you subscribe to a topic, it send an email the first time someone replies to that topic, until you visit that topic again. If 5 people post between the email notification and your next visit, you will only get 1 email, not 5.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:53 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Ok. Understood. Thanks

Edit: Of course, you are right to move this thread. I apologize to TechVet, owner of the "Migration from EX47x to EX48x" thread and Johnrr6 who you were assisting when I "butted in" :D

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:26 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Just to make sure everyone understands this, if you are subscribed to a topic/thread and you get an email notice that a new post was added there, you either have to check on the link to take you to the subject or otherwise deliberately go to that topic (other than through the email link) to get any future email notifications on that thread. Until you go to the thread you will not get future notifications.

Its probalby easier to just click on the link and go see the new post rather than let the email languish in your inbox. If you forget it is there and don't click on the enclosed link you are out of luck for future notificaitons.

Hope this helps others understand how this works. I missed some notificaitons to my subscribed threads so just click on the link so the same thing won't happen to you. That's pretty simple to do and takes only a few seconds out of your schedule if you don't have time to "dwell on" the post right then.
George

Thanks