It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:58 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Heh. Right and Right. Total waste of space to put a 22Gig + movie just to stream. Mainly, I am curious as how BD movies are stitched together and have a bunch of tools to try.

Yeah, quality of a straight rip is probably overkill on my 42" 1080P and definite overkill on my 32" 1080P.

Just trying to get the dang thing to work! My curiosity is involved... No cats are being used in this endeavor.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:16 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Does the popcorn Hour support Sony AVCHD?

4GB Mushkin Ram
TR4MB eSata Enclosure
TR4UB USB Enclosure
Netgear WNDR3700
UPS APC 1500 XS LCD

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:44 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

CBick wrote:
Does the popcorn Hour support Sony AVCHD?

Apparently so. Reference this thread for details: avchd support

My gadget blog: http://www.gadgetinsane.com

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:31 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I finally received my A-110 and am in the process of setting it up. Just plugging it in I can already access my server and access most of my media files. I still can't access my .iso files and I've heard swisscenter is a great way to set up streaming for the popcorn hour and works with .iso files. Can someone walk me through the steps needed to install swisscenter on the mss and get it working on the popcorn hour? I've played around for a couple of hours and looked online and am no closer to getting this working.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:12 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Mrdabomb wrote:
I finally received my A-110 and am in the process of setting it up. Just plugging it in I can already access my server and access most of my media files. I still can't access my .iso files and I've heard swisscenter is a great way to set up streaming for the popcorn hour and works with .iso files. Can someone walk me through the steps needed to install swisscenter on the mss and get it working on the popcorn hour? I've played around for a couple of hours and looked online and am no closer to getting this working.

Far as I know, you need a hard drive installed in the popcorn hour in order to run .iso movies. And BD .ios is NOT supported...
My A100 plays .iso fine when they are on my popcorn's hard drive...

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:50 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

John Pombrio wrote:
Mrdabomb wrote:

Far as I know, you need a hard drive installed in the popcorn hour in order to run .iso movies. And BD .ios is NOT supported...
My A100 plays .iso fine when they are on my popcorn's hard drive...

There is .iso support with the PCH. Are you guys using the most current firmware? As a matter of fact, I was watching the iso of "The Grandfather" yesterday without issue.

If you want to install Swisscenter for MKV and "iso" support, follow this thread:

Popcorn Hour and Swisscenter

Also look at page 3 of this thread. I've already include info on setting up Swisscenter.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:53 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Anyone know which http(upnp/dlna) server(s) supports srt subtitle files and runs as a service on WHS?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:31 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I just received my A-110 today. Absolutely amazing delivery service. It was shipped via UPS from China on the 28th and arrived at my office around 10:00 a.m. today. Now I just have to figure out how to rip all of my Blu-ray disks to files that I can play with the new Popcorn Hour.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:35 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

cavediver wrote:
I just received my A-110 today. Absolutely amazing delivery service. It was shipped via UPS from China on the 28th and arrived at my office around 10:00 a.m. today. Now I just have to figure out how to rip all of my Blu-ray disks to files that I can play with the new Popcorn Hour.

You and me both. I am getting 2 more Terabytes of hard drives but so far I have NOT found a one step process and believe me when I say I have been looking. Have to start with AnyDVD HD at LEAST.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:59 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

1) Rip disk to HD with AnyDVD HD
2) run eac3to on the folder so it will tell you which m2ts file(s) are needed
3) run eac3to on the aformentioned files. (if multiple seperate with a +)
4) run eac3to to extract 1080p video stream, pcm or convert TrueHD or DTS-MA audio to pcm
5) run pcm2tsmu to fix the outputted pcm file so that tsmuxer will recognize it. (Pay attention to 16 or 24 bit it's important and use the -i option) (Pay attention to 5.1 or 7.1, if 7.1 put on the -c 8 option)
6) run tsmuxer to mux back the 1080p video stream and the pcm audio stream

7) use a http streaming service from your homeserver, it's the only thing fast enough to handle the bandwidth of 1080p with uncompressed audio.

To convert DTS MA to pcm you will need to purchase Arcsoft Total Media Theater. eac3to uses it to decode DTS-HD/MA.

PS) There is no 1 step solution, sorry!

Last edited by Jeff Flowerday on Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:04 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Jeff Flowerday wrote:
1) Rip disk to HD with AnyDVD HD
2) run eac3to on the folder so it will tell you which m2ts file(s) are needed
3) run eac3to on the aformentioned files. (if multiple seperate with a +)
4) run eac3to to extract 1080p video stream, pcm or convert TrueHD or DTS-MA audio to pcm
5) run pcm2tsmu to fix the outputted pcm file so that tsmuxer will recognize it. (Pay attention to 16 or 24 bit it's important and use the -i option) (Pay attention to 5.1 or 7.1, if 7.1 put on the -c 8 option)
6) run tsmuxer to mux back the 1080p video stream and the pcm audio stream

7) use a http streaming service from your homeserver, it's the only thing fast enough to handle the bandwidth of 1080p with uncompressed audio.

To convert DTS MA to pcm you will need to purchase Arcsoft Total Media Theater. eac3to uses it to decod DTS-HD/MA.

PS) There is no 1 step solution, sorry!

What makes this process painful and discouraging is that it's VERY time consuming even with a fast computer. I understand the desire to do this (I'd like to do this too) but it's just not worth the time.

I purchased "Iron Man" today on blu-ray and will be satisfied in getting up off my butt to put it into the media player of choice (PS3 or HTPC). If you don't have other options for playing blu-ray, that's another story.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:26 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

All4Fun wrote:

What makes this process painful and discouraging is that it's VERY time consuming even with a fast computer. I understand the desire to do this (I'd like to do this too) but it's just not worth the time.

I purchased "Iron Man" today on blu-ray and will be satisfied in getting up off my butt to put it into the media player of choice (PS3 or HTPC). If you don't have other options for playing blu-ray, that's another story.

Well it is time consuming for your computer. You don't have to spend more than 3 minutes of your personal time interacting and executing the command per movie.

I usually do 4-5 movies a day. I rip in evening when I'm doing household chores or catching up on some T.V. and then kick off the conversion jobs from work during the day.

The ripping process takes the longest 60 minutes on average. The actual conversion steps (on my machine at least) take about 30 minutes.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:08 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Jeff Flowerday wrote:
All4Fun wrote:

Well it is time consuming for your computer. You don't have to spend more than 3 minutes of your personal time interacting and executing the command per movie.

I usually do 4-5 movies a day. I rip in evening when I'm doing household chores or catching up on some T.V. and then kick off the conversion jobs from work during the day.

The ripping process takes the longest 60 minutes on average. The actual conversion steps (on my machine at least) take about 30 minutes.

That's impressive. That hasn't been my experience but I may revisit this again.

On a related vein, if you happen to know, if I were to mux DTS-MA if it's in the source and my receiver doesn't support DTS-MA but supports regular DTS 5.1, would my video file still play with DTS 5.1? What I'm really asking is if DTS 5.1 will still be available in DTS-MA for the receiver the use if it doesn't support these newer HD audio formats.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:23 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Well I should have mentioned I'm running.

Quad core extreme overclocked to 3.3GHZ
1333 FSB with 4GB DDR3
Drive sub system:
C: 2 x 10,000 RPM raptors in a Raid 0
M: 2 x 7,000 RPM 1TB seagates in a Raid 0

I always read from one drive and write to the other. Disk I/O is the bottle neck when processinng these files. With a single 7200 rpm drive and a descent processor you probably should ad 20-30 minutes to the conversion tasks.

Now to your question:

If you have an A-110 and you set the DTS setting to digital, not DTS-HD it should extract the the DTS core and pass it to your amp.

Question: Is your amp HDMI capable just not 1.3? If so it is capable of PCM, so convert the DTS-MA or True-HD to pcm and listen to it in all it's HD glory.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:33 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Jeff Flowerday wrote:
Well I should have mentioned I'm running.

Quad core extreme overclocked to 3.3GHZ
1333 FSB with 4GB DDR3
Drive sub system:
C: 2 x 10,000 RPM raptors in a Raid 0
M: 2 x 7,000 RPM 1TB seagates in a Raid 0

I always read from one drive and write to the other. Disk I/O is the bottle neck when processinng these files. With a single 7200 rpm drive and a descent processor you probably should ad 20-30 minutes to the conversion tasks.

Now to your question:

If you have an A-110 and you set the DTS setting to raw, not DTS-HD it should extract the the DTS core and pass it to your amp.

Question: Is your amp HDMI capable just not 1.3? If so it is capable of PCM, so convert the DTS-MA or True-HD to pcm and listen to it in all it's HD glory.

Clearly, your configuration explains your great results. :)

My receiver is indeed HDMI capable but not 1.3. It's 1.2. Not sure how much difference that will mean but am familiar with the settings on the PCH that you are referring to. My receiver does support PCM.

As a proof of concept, I may try this but I don't know that I will make this process part of my "standard operating procedure". :)

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next