It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:48 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Anyone know when the PVConnect update will make it to be current with Twonkey? We're at 4.4.4 they're at 4.4.7 and I'm looking for mkv support w/o renaming the files like others have done to get a workaround.

M

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:46 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

As far as im aware no one knows. I asked the same question about who will suport updates PVconnect or HP. No one knew that either. what is the work around for MKV? what are you streaming to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:06 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

The work around is to name it to .avi or .mpg and the ps3 will see the file. From what I read is that Twonky 4.4.4 will play thefiles just fine but it wont allow for the ps3 to see them unless they have the right extention. This has been fixed in 4.4.6+.

I'm backing up all my DVDs and Blurays to my MSS so that I can stream them all to my PS3 for movie nights or whatever. I find it annoying sometimes that you have to go get the disk, load it, then sit through a bunch of previews, go into setup, get your options for sound right, and so on... if you strip all that out and just have flat files you can play, its easy, just go into videos, hit the mss, click on the movie, and you're done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:10 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

are you able to switch audio tracks? or turn off/on subs? have you tried this directly from the PS3? Im very interested in this I havent heard this at all before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:30 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I'm pulling out all the audio tracks except the one I want to listen to in order to save space in the file. I don't know what button you can press on the PS3 remote to turn off the sub so I can't tell you wether that works or not. I can turn off my sub manually using my recievers remote however.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]