It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:38 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Did what the HP letter to dissed MSS users to fix recognition of PS3 by the Twonky server (err.. PvConnect).

As you see, it now shows up.. The last one in the shot is my Popcorn Hour box....

http://forum.wegotserved.co.uk/index.ph ... topic=2878

BTW, make sure to rebuild your database after adding content or when you first load the add-in. It adds the MSS shares content to the Twonky server list. Otherwise, you may not be able to see what is on your MSS. Takes a while (couple of hours first time).

Attachments:
File comment: rebuild Database
twonky.jpg
twonky.jpg [ 88.91 KiB | Viewed 13612 times ]
File comment: PS3 not there on list. Used to be generic something..
PS3.JPG
PS3.JPG [ 61.69 KiB | Viewed 13612 times ]

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:28 am 

Thanks to the forum... I am finally able to view my DIVX AVI's on my PS3's... due the the assistance here, PVCONNECT, and the updates.

Thanks again to all who contributed to this effort...

Too bad you can't index the folders via search options such as date, size, etc, it would make locating recent adds to the list easier. Oh well, I'll deal with that - at least I can watch them now throught the PS3 on the big screen!

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:46 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

After doing this your "Generic Media Receiver" will now show up as PS3 as seen in the pics. After I did all the steps, and reset the list it continued to show up as Generic. I reset the list again and restarted my MSS and then it showed up as PS3. Restarting the service probably would have done it also, but I was lazy and just rebooted as my first option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:48 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

you can actually click on the generic and name it PS3. the PVconnect actually meantions that it might not always name the device correctly and you might need to manually name it. as for rebuilding the database you dont need to do that everytime you add content. I have noticed that the PVconnect usually adds content on its own with out having to push rebuild I have had issues with adding content and pushing rebuild freaking the PVconnect software out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:44 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

The PVConnect add-in is great... I started backing up my dvd's and blurays and muxed them into streamable m2ts files. Nothing like having your whole high def collection ready to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:40 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Maliclipse wrote:
The PVConnect add-in is great... I started backing up my dvd's and blurays and muxed them into streamable m2ts files. Nothing like having your whole high def collection ready to go.

There is a big BUT there. You don't just easily MUX Blu-Ray together. Some go together without a fuss, most end up being is German with Swedish subtitles or no sound at all! Takes hours to pick and choose the right .m2ts streams to put together a Blu-Ray movie... Unless you know of a secret or a new program?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]