It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:23 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Web access was working until recently on all browsers except IE.

Today my WHS 2011 would not connect to my Microsoft domain - licence problem.

Being unable to resolve this I set up a new Microsoft domain via Live.

Obviously the servers remote web access wizard has rerun the plug and play router setup (I do not have a router configuration backup file from previously).

Now, when I try to log onto the server via the web I get my Sky Homehub 2 router homepage.

The good news is obviously that the system is largely working but pointing at the wrong webpage. It seems that just a small value neds changing in the router somewhere but have spent several hours to no avail. Have turned remote access off in the interim so no one can access my router.

Please help/advise. Thanks.

Mike.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:29 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Ah! After struggling for hours and even getting the router homepage when remote access was off, which was very worrying, I tried logging on with my phone with wifi off therefore using my phone data and got the server homepage. This is a bit confusing since I used to be able to check the function from home although, obviously, I don't need to access my router from home over the internet! Seem to have read about this before when it was a problem others encountered not me. Seem to recollect it was to do with some loop or another?? Please someone explain!

Mike.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:04 am 
Founder
Founder

That's common for lower end consumer routers. The feature you're looking for is NAT or Internal Loopback. That HomeHub 2 looks to be quite old, though apparently is supported by OpenWRT if you want to try another firmware. My personal recommendation is probably for you to just use the internal hostname when on Wifi.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank yakuza for this post
mikefarnham
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:39 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Thanks and greetings Alex!!

You are still here after all these years!!!!

This Sky hub is their latest but not reckoned great and certainly has not got necessary features to sort loopback.

My days of(DD-)WRT are, I hope, over although I did eventually configure several successfully for VPN.

It was just convenient to check all was well for external access on a P.C./laptop before going on holiday rather than squint at a smartphone not connected to my network. Even when it worked, after a few days it would do an update, reboot, require a new login at home while I was away and I was shafted. Should have found out how to sort that before leaving.

When it used to work no one could ever explain why I.E. threw out my login seconds after connecting whereas any other browser was fine and stable.

Very best wishes,

Mike.

Thanks