It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:11 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Hi TJ,
I do apologize if you have had problems with the debug board. Please contact me directly, mss_cable_service <at> vovtech <dot> com so I can work with you on this issue.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank cakalapati for this post
TJCyr, yakuza

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:02 pm 

Charles,
Thanks for the partial refund, I really appreciated that. I wasn't expecting that and a refund of any kind wasn't even on my mind. It's refreshing to see someone stand behind their product in this day and age. You went way above and beyond what I expected.

Once I get my EX490 up and running I'll enter a final post here on how things went.

BTW, I dissected the capacitor that came off of the mother board and I suspect that it was a defective component. The plastic/rubber plug that was at the bottom of the component was bulging out of the can. I suspect it was pushing the cap up off of the module. It may have been partially shorted out internally causing it to overheat. Perhaps this is why the PSU had a shorter than expected life span (not the heat but the extra load).

/TJCyr

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:50 pm 

quick question, hopefully easy answer. i have had many different versions of the mediasmart line and am left now with only an ex49x version. i have made many debug cables along the way and have never had any real issues until now. it seems no matter what configuration of cables or jumpers, or cables and jumpers lol, i do i do not get the "del" to enter bios option. the closest i can ever get is the f11 key will respond and it works in the OS enviroment. at present i have stripped the plug down to vga (rgb+ and - H and Vsync+ and -) and keyboard clock and datat and +5v. so now i just keep playing around on the pin 3 and 4 and sometimes 10 included. is there some dark evil magic spell i must learn to get this to cooperate? any help appreciated. below is a diagram of what i have stripped down to atm if that helps. need any more info just let me know. and thx in advance.

:sanjuan:

p.s. i have read through and tried everything on another post (since new registered i can't post the link but its on this forum) to no avail. i'll post the question there too as i'm new to posting here so plz forgive me if that is a no no and just delete the one not needed. just wasn't sure which post actually gets traffic.

01 (PS2 K/B 5V - SOMETIMES THIS PIN ALONE OR VARIANTS 1+2 OR PIN 2 ALONE)
02 (PS2 K/B 5V)
03 (PS2 K/B GROUND - SOMETIMES THIS PIN ALONE OR VARIANTS 3+4+10 OR 3+4 OR 3+10 OR 4+10)
04 (PS2 K/B GROUND)
05 X
06 (PS2 K/B DATA)
07 X
08 (PS2 K/B CLOCK)
09 X
10 (~SOMETIMES GROUNDED TO PIN 3 OR 4 OR ALL 3 COMBINED OR NOT AT ALL)
11 X
12 X
13 X
14 (VGA-RED)
15 X
16 (VGA-RED-GROUND)
17 (VSYNC GROUND)
18 (VGA-GREEN)
19 (VGA-VSYNC)
20 (VGA-GREEN-GROUND)
21 (VGA-HSYNC GROUND)
22 (VGA-BLUE)
23 (VGA-HSYNC)
24 (VGA-BLUE-GROUND)
25 X
26 X

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:52 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

qbert1345 wrote:
quick question, hopefully easy answer. i have had many different versions of the mediasmart line and am left now with only an ex49x version. i have made many debug cables along the way and have never had any real issues until now. it seems no matter what configuration of cables or jumpers, or cables and jumpers lol, i do i do not get the "del" to enter bios option. the closest i can ever get is the f11 key will respond and it works in the OS enviroment. at present i have stripped the plug down to vga (rgb+ and - H and Vsync+ and -) and keyboard clock and datat and +5v. so now i just keep playing around on the pin 3 and 4 and sometimes 10 included. is there some dark evil magic spell i must learn to get this to cooperate? any help appreciated. below is a diagram of what i have stripped down to atm if that helps. need any more info just let me know. and thx in advance.

:sanjuan:

p.s. i have read through and tried everything on another post (since new registered i can't post the link but its on this forum) to no avail. i'll post the question there too as i'm new to posting here so plz forgive me if that is a no no and just delete the one not needed. just wasn't sure which post actually gets traffic.

01 (PS2 K/B 5V - SOMETIMES THIS PIN ALONE OR VARIANTS 1+2 OR PIN 2 ALONE)
02 (PS2 K/B 5V)
03 (PS2 K/B GROUND - SOMETIMES THIS PIN ALONE OR VARIANTS 3+4+10 OR 3+4 OR 3+10 OR 4+10)
04 (PS2 K/B GROUND)
05 X
06 (PS2 K/B DATA)
07 X
08 (PS2 K/B CLOCK)
09 X
10 (~SOMETIMES GROUNDED TO PIN 3 OR 4 OR ALL 3 COMBINED OR NOT AT ALL)
11 X
12 X
13 X
14 (VGA-RED)
15 X
16 (VGA-RED-GROUND)
17 (VSYNC GROUND)
18 (VGA-GREEN)
19 (VGA-VSYNC)
20 (VGA-GREEN-GROUND)
21 (VGA-HSYNC GROUND)
22 (VGA-BLUE)
23 (VGA-HSYNC)
24 (VGA-BLUE-GROUND)
25 X
26 X

after spending a few hours with my gen 3 board i found out this. in order to access the bios youll need a jumper and to have that jumper on the system board JP4 jumper 4 pin 4 idk wtf its called correctly but once the jumper is there and you press DEL. bam it works youre in bios.. now the bios isnt all that helpful as I thought it would be. I still cannot upgrade to 4GB ram the 5 years old problem I still cannot solve. :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:23 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I'll be trying to modify a video only debug cable in order to enable the option to hit delete and use bios on startup. To be clear, I want to join pins 2 & 4 on my debug cable? This will be on a ex490. If I have to ground pin 4 somewhere instead, could I jump pin 4 to either pins 1 or 2 as an alternative?

Thanks