It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:16 am 

MediaSmart Server
RMN: HSTNA-W001 P/N: GG795AA#ABA
BIOS Ver: R02

GG795AA ABA CN67300DCB

I walked by my long serving home server the other day and all the lights were out. I tried to turn it back on several times.....no response. No light, no try, no nothing. Checked plugs etc....all seems good so I'm assuming my power supply went. I need to determine my hardware type and if I can replace the power supply or say....goodbye to my data. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:08 pm 

The PSU is the same for the EX47x, EX48x, EX49x and even the Data Vault servers. They are all a custom wired FLEX ATX PSU. If you check out the site WIKI you can find information about the differences in wiring should you want to convert a PSU. Taking the Server Apart is not difficult but there are things you need to know about but performing a site search on how to disassemble your server regardless of the model number because they are all basically the same.

All the cases are exactly the same except the Data Vault I think its the 310 which has a different LED Board and not the light bars. If you acquired a used system its really hard to go by the numbers on the bottom because the case components are interchangeable. If you happen to have an EX470 in original condition the top will be grey, the drive tray locking tabs will be black, the door will only have the Windows Badge. The others have block tops, red or maroon colored drive tray locking tabs and will have an Intel and Windows badges on the doors. The EX47x is the only one with an AMD CPU where as the others have Intel CPU's.

The PSU is the most common component failure. In the site WIKI there is also instructions on how to turn on the PSU from its MOLEX Connector.

Hope this helps.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks