It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:19 pm 

I just purchased a MV 2120 and have three machines connected to it. Two of the three Itunes aggregators work fine. The third which is a Vista 64 bit doesn't connect. In the folder I see the XML with the correct paths associated with the music but it never creates a C folder with the actual music. The agg.txt file was totally empty for over a day until early today. It finally connected once and created the C folder and downloaded my music but never connected again after that. I added some new music and it hasn't updated. The only activity in the agg.txt file is the one time it connected this morning. I have it set to check every 5 min. so I'm not sure what the issue is. Any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA

Dan

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Bueller???
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:25 pm 

Looks like I'm the only one with a Media Valut :D Well, an update. I turned off the service from the Task Scheduler and restarted it. It synced once and never again. In the scheduler logs it's functioning as expected and shows no errors but nothing is showing up in the .txt file and no data is actually being transfered. Any help would be swell. HP technical support can't seem to figure it out either.

TIA

Dan

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:53 pm 

I have a similar problem with my 2120. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure it out, with no luck so far.

I actually have two PCs with opposite problems. On one computer, I want to disable the media aggregation, but it will not turn off no matter what I try. (Uninstalling should do the trick.) On my other computer, I cannot get the media aggregation to work at all and it never has. Any ideas? When I run MediaAggregation.exe, it just quits immediately.

Does anybody know how to reset the MV2120 to absolute factory defaults, clean/reformatted hard drive and settings? I would try that if I knew how.

Thanks.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:44 am 

Well, I'm glad to see someone else is here besides me. It's too bad neither of us have answers to our problems :D The new thing for me is the aggregator will connect once in a while but won't download the entire song. I've tried deleting it from the server when this happens and after a day or two it will reappear. The funny thing is once it's picked up again it's still not the entire song but it cuts off at a different time. This means sometimes it downloads the first 50 seconds and after I delete it and it reappears it may pick up 2 minutes before cutting out. I've come to the conclusion this thing is riddled with bugs and the support line doesn't seem to know what the problem is either. HP needs to fix these problems before launching a product like this. If anyone has any insight on what's wrong I'm all ears.

Cheers,

Dan

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:26 am 

The problem is definitely with MediaAggregation.exe. The application is getting scheduled properly, as can be seen in Task Manager and the MediaAggregation.txt log file. It's just that the application doesn't think there's any work to do, I think. Here's a snippet from the log:

Starting synchronising with server at 9:15:00 AM on 9/20/2008
Reading server music info for user <USER> on <COMPUTERNAME>
Reading server music info for user <USER> on <COMPUTERNAME>
Server name: HPMediaVault
Reading client iTunes Database...
Success collecting data
Begin data copy at 9:15:06 AM on 9/20/2008
Finish data copy at 9:15:06 AM on 9/20/2008

Well, I sort of have a workaround that works well enough for my needs. Take MediaAggregation.exe out of the picture and use NTIShadow to simply backup my iTunes directory to a directory in \\hpmediavault\Music (without saving multiple versions). I did reset the media server, to get things looking right in iTunes, though I'm not sure it was required.

Anyway, I'm back to being relatively happy with this thing again. :-)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:08 pm 

I experienced similar problems and after researching and experimenting I found two intersting facts that I don't think anyone has mentioned;

1) If you have a song in a playlist that you purchased from iTunes (file type=.m4p), mediaaggretation.exe chokes and the entire playlist does not appear. (or the song) I stumbled upon this as follows;
- added a new song (from apple) to a playlist that was in the music sharer and was visible via iTunes share
- ran mediaaggretation.exe via command prompt (twice)
- playlist that was listed was gone from share
- removed .m4p file from playlist, ran mediaaggretaion.exe (2x) and voila, playlist back, song that was causing issue did not copy to the share library.

Also, no mediaaggreation.log file is generated. This leads me to think there is a parameter missing (-l:xxx.log or something) or the version that came with my 2 week old server is out of date. I read on a UK blog that a newer version of mediaaggration.exe was published in March 2008?

http://forum.wegotserved.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1131&st=0&p=5301&#entry5301

I am also fairly sure that the recurring iTunes scan that is in the iTunes control panel does nothing. The only way this can work on a client is by using Task Scheduler since it is a local function and there are no HP related processes to count off the seconds. No tasks are scheduled. There is a TaskScheduler.dll listed but it could also be a conflict with Vista SP1 and WinXP SP3, both of which can after the build of this product.

I am curious what versions of the contol center are being used by others;

My files show a date of 10/16/2007
ControlCenter.exe; v. 1.1.1.13411
mediaaggregation.exe; v. 1.1.1.13411

Anyway, tha't my 2ct.

Thanks.

Thanks