It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:48 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Need some itunes for dummy’s help.

Please be gentle, I’m old- laughing. (not really but when it comes to music on these litle gadgets I might as well be 80...)

I got my wife an ipod nano recently and she’s just started to play with it. She has itunes on her laptop. Just a few scores of songs and maybe 5 videos.

I am thinking about getting my 2 son’s nano’s for Christmas also. They also have a laptop that they share. But they could use mom’s laptop if need be.

I’ve read a little bit and seems I should move all my wife’s itunes stiff to a folder on the server and then map that as a drive and then start itunes while holding shift and re-aim it to that mapped drive. I guess I would then do the same on my boy’s computer so everyone is looking at the same library.

But here’s my question- how doe’s itunes work? Isn’t there DRM? Will it let 3 different ipods download the same songs from the same folder- it that allowed?

Any advice for how to set this up in the simpliest manner.

Streaming from the server isn’t a big deal just yet but if I could get that too that would be nice.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:43 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

While I don't have Itunes on my MMS I do have 1 account set up on one of our notebooks.

We use this one account for all 3 of our Ipods and also my daughters IPhone without any issues.

I did run into an issue once after replacing a couple of PC's and restoring another were Itunes said that I was not allowed to have the one account on that many computers. I had to deactivate the computers that I was no longer using.

The only down side is that I sometimes find myself sitting at a red light singing along to my daughters Miley Cyrus or Hanna Montana. :oops:

4GB Mushkin Ram
TR4MB eSata Enclosure
TR4UB USB Enclosure
Netgear WNDR3700
UPS APC 1500 XS LCD

Thanks