It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:54 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

This one also looks nice. Not quite as much detailed info per movie as the other one I posted, but it has one HUGE advantage - it can scan your shared folders and generate the movie lists from that rather than making you enter all the movies into some database and making the web pages form that.

http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/

It's a bit more complicated since it's command-line driven and not as slick, but in my case it makes a heck of a lot more sense since I can just scan my movies folder on the WHS and it makes the html to build a rather easy to use jukebox interface. Also, since it IS command line driven, you can schedule it to run nightly and add any movies you've recently saved. If you have a PCH and are findign difficulties with the WAF, try this or the other program.

Oh, and with neither one do you have ot put your movie files on the PCH itself. There's a series of settings in the My Lil Movie Jukebox one, and with this one you can set up a simple xml file to do the same thing, namely relate a standard Windows share to whatever share you are using - be that NFS, SMB, or if you DID save the moves on a hard drive installed in the PCH. The idea is simply "scan here for file info, but make the link in the jukebox html this" so that the PCH can find the file. Unless you create lots of different directories to store your media on, you only have to set this up the first time. After that, just run and it adds whatever files it finds.

This one has many other skins available, if you don't liek the way it looks. Several can be found on the PCH community forums. Or you can make your own if you know how to edit html; and do cascading style sheets.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:30 am 

So which one would you recommend b/w this program and the other that you posted?

DIY WHS - 12.5TB and growing, too many gadgets to list

Did you read the MediaSmartServer blog today?
Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
"Like a midget at a urinal, stay on your toes!" - Lieutenant Frank Drebin

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:57 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

I've decided I like the extras you get with the first one, even if it does require you to manually enter every movie. Plus if you aren;t careful with the file names, it misidentifies the movie - it has a way around that where you can build a file to cross reference them though. The first one pulls in the full movie synopsis, actor info, and has links for the trivia and bloopers that display right on the PCH. The first one (I keep saying that - it's My Lil Movie Jukebox) does betetr with TV series too, and makes it easy to keep things in different shares, there's a config page where you reference the PCH name to access the share witht he Windows share name and you can do up to 5 differnet one - for example I have my movies in one WHS share adn my TV Shows in another. You can also customize the genre filters so you can have like "Clint Movies" "Steven Spielberg Movies" etc instead of just the canne dones they give you.
I built up the database, I just haven't pushed it to my PCH yet. I did install the HDD in the PCH and I can access it, so it's ready to go.

Thanks