It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:54 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

XBMC New release announced: http://xbmc.org/theuni/2011/10/01/feature-freeze-looking-forward-to-eden/

I am very excited to hear this news! I love the turn-key features of XBMC, and actually prefer it as my HTPC software of choice, but there are some things missing that I hope get inserted into the final release of 11... The most important being bitstreaming, followed closely by close TV Tuner with integration with EPG for watching/recording. Here's to hoping!
:cheers:

Quote:
Today marks the first step in the long-awaited release cycle for Eden: soft-freeze. Other than what is already slated for entry, no new features may be added unless they’re deemed critical for release. After that comes a hard freeze, when all APIs are frozen and we prepare to release the first Beta.

As always, the schedule will be dictated by our ability to get things polished up for release. So file those bug reports, clone our repo and send a pull request for fixes or translations… every little bit helps.

So much has changed since Dharma, we’ll use this space over the coming weeks to discuss in more detail what you can expect in 11.0. For now, Here are a few things you’re sure to notice:

- A new “Files” view in the video library in order to remove the notion of Library Mode vs. Files Mode that confused so many new users.
    - The default skin changed to a horizontal layout allowing for more useful information to be displayed on the home screen (vertical version is still available in Add-ons)
    - Efficiency improvements to reduce high cpu/gpu usage
    - Much improved touchscreen support to go along with the first major versioned XBMC release for the iOS (iPad, iPhone, AppleTv2)
    - Ability to customize the home screen by adding your favorite Add-ons
    - The usual smattering of visual improvements, playback improvements, new ways to stream and discover media.. the list goes on.

The last few days have been hectic as the developers have been working hard to get their last changes in, but we’ll be slowing things down now to begin cleaning up for release!

13 TB, mixed drives
400+ DVDs and 80 BD ripped using MakeMKV

~My beautiful wife is always asking me if I love my computers more than her...I don't understand it!

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:58 am 

I thought I heard that the new Audio Engine (for bitstreaming) won't make it into Eden. The test builds with the AE are apparently still somewhat unstable.

Interested to see how the enhanced iPad support works out

DIY WHS - 12.5TB and growing, too many gadgets to list

Did you read the MediaSmartServer blog today?
Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
"Like a midget at a urinal, stay on your toes!" - Lieutenant Frank Drebin

Thanks