It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:09 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Im Happy to share things have changed a lot since then. I went with Ubiquiti for my network and installed their protect camera system> I got a few spools of Cat6a for free so those cameras are wired with that. I put in a fiber cable so I can play my playstation in either my bonus room or front room. That is still a work in progress as I didn't have receivers to push audio around. I install Klipsch reference theater pack in both rooms giving me 7.2 and 7.1 in the rooms. if I did it all over I would have used conduit to make cable changes easier. I was doing it on cheap so I got what I got. I love my set up. Just a few tweaks would be nice.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank T-Bone for this post
msawyer91, yakuza

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:16 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Sounds like you've got yourself a nice setup! I've been running Ubiquiti UniFi around here for several years now. I've got a security gateway, a 24-port switch, two 8-port switches, a cloud key, and three Cardi-B ahem WAPs (2 x Lite and 1 x LR). UniFi is rock solid. As for home security I've spread the love around a bit. We've got Google Nest for the thermostat and 14 Nest Protect fire/CO detectors. These are wirelessly interconnected -- one goes off, they ALL go off. If CO is detected, the thermostat is automatically alerted to shut down the furnace. Ring alarm with professional monitoring -- can't beat it for $100/year. Plus they have a module that interfaces with the Nest -- if the smoke/CO goes off, Ring notifies the fire department. And finally Arlo for cameras. Everything has been very reliable.

HP EX490, 4GB, E5300, 15TB - Server 2012 - Sharing and Streaming
HP EX487, 4GB, E5300, 13TB - Server 2012 Essentials - Backups

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:18 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Thanks, I got a Unify Dream Machine Pro, 48 Port POE Switch (if I did it again id got 24 POE and 24 regular maybe), 4 G4 Pro cameras, 5 G4 Bullet cameras, Unify U6 LR and Unify U6 Pro. I want the SmartPower Pro just because I wanna feel more official in my cabinet. Lots of money thrown at unify for sure. Im happy with their products and haven't had to many issues.

I came across reddit after I got the UDMP and got scared I made a mistake so much bad talk. I have figure out most of them have either complicated set ups or they clicked a box or boxes they didn't understand. Iim also guessing some should reset the UDMP and set their networks up again so they can fix those long forgotten mistakes, as so much has changed since last update.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:49 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

One of my neighbors was constantly having issues with the wifi at his house. He constantly had to reboot his gear because the wifi would conk out with no apparent reason. I recommended he get a UniFi system. I have the older generation, so the USG, cloud key, etc. are standalone devices as opposed to the Dream Machine, which is an all-in-one. He was able to get his hands on a Dream Machine and one extra WAP. He installed and configured it himself, despite him -- by his own admission -- not being "too tech savvy." He got it up and running no problem. He said it's been rock solid and hasn't had to reboot anything in two months (when he first installed it).

HP EX490, 4GB, E5300, 15TB - Server 2012 - Sharing and Streaming
HP EX487, 4GB, E5300, 13TB - Server 2012 Essentials - Backups

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:48 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

So here are some updates...

I started my MSS495 Q9550s server replacement upgrade. after my sans digital started developing a power supply issue.

I still have and am going to use the OrigenAE S21T (holds 10 Sata Drives)
I purchased the I9 12900 (Non K)
got the LG WH14NS40
still maybe need a GPU (Must support HDMI 2.1)
got a SeaSonic Prime TX1000 1000W 80 Plus titanium PSU
I want to be able to fill the case with all the drives it can hold. So, I need a SATA expansion card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I use Drivepool for my Drive storage pool. My only want is quality and performance card
im not sure on MB either, there is the Z690 (Non ECC) or the W680 which supports ECC.

Im also at a crossroads in relation to Windows Server. I have WS2016 and from what Ive read is Microsoft if killing off essentials. Do I go for 2019 or 2022 and install the WSEE pack that Mark Craven is talking about on his site the office Mavin.
2022 has a longer support life but need to purchase Cals (which I dont understand)
2019 is cheaper as you dont need cals

Any Help is greatly greatly appreciated

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:00 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Got new server up and running. ended up with X13SAE-F motherboard and 128GB of memory.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:21 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Thats some serious hardware

ex49x/v1 (toyin w/Vail)
VGA
Q8200s w/two 30mm cooling fans
4gb Ram
Rear Casecover Cooling Mod

Thanks