It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:21 pm 

I am currently looking for another dead EXxxx enclosure. It can be an EX47x, EX48x or EX49x does not matter. I do not need the PSU, motherboard or backplane but I do want the drive trays, the PSU/Motherboard Cage, and LED Boards and the rest of the enclosure fully intact.

The reason for wanting this is to see if I can convert the unit to house 5 drives using a CFI-B53-PM backplane board to turn it into another MSS Port Multiplier. It will require a full realignment of the drives since the 4 drive and 5 drive alignments are different so the internal cage would need to be broken down and new guides installed which is abit envolved but I have this desire to do this. Adding the 5th drive is going to be a challenge since it will require a mod to the front grill to shorten it.

I will soon start fabricating a new 30 bay drive enclosure that I simply have to stop talking about and just do it and so next month I will set the funds aside to purchase the remaining cage components I still have left to purchase. While I am doing that project it will be easier to convert the MSS Enclosure or attempt to do so but its not because I need this but more so to see if it can be done and still look like the MSS and support 5 drives vs the previous ones I have done with 4. Maybe it might encourage one EX49x user to do the same who knows.

Also I hope to dedicate some time to looking at getting the Drive LEDs functioning but I will need to get some specs ont he HP LED Board to make a circuit thats can interface the CFI LED signals to the HP LED Signals.

FYI: This is not an attempt to save money its just an attempt to have something UNIQUE and attractive looking.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!