It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:24 pm 

*I just saw the Sticky topic with the rules, since I am no longer using WHS I see no reason to post another 8 times in forum. If you would like me to get 10 posts let me know and I will put in my input on a few issues.

Because of the new statement Microsoft made today I am selling my two barely used WD Caviar GreenPower WD10EACS 1 TB drives for $450 shipped. I haven't even put any data on these drives, I just installed them in the server last week and haven't migrated any data on them yet.

NewEgg is trying to charge me a ridiculous restocking fee so I thought I would try here first. I paid $499.22 with shipping for these drives so I think $450 is a fair deal. If you only want to purchase one I will sell them individually for $230 a piece shipped.

I am also selling a 2 gig stick of G.Skill Ram also barely used and in perfect working condition, fully compatible with MSS, here is the link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820231119

I am selling the RAM for $40 shipped or $35 if your order it with another item.

If you want both drives and the ram it will be $470 shipped.

You can pay via PayPal account (preferable so I can use them for shipping and it is more secure) or via a Money Order.

Either send me a PM or respond to this thread if you want to purchase one or both drives.

Justin

P.S. Packages will be insured!

Last edited by ilroyalsil on Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:05 am 
Founder
Founder

Hi Justin,

The 10-post rule is intended to keep people from coming in just to list their items for sale, and to keep the forum limited to WHS/MSS users. Since you don't appear to be a spam selling robot, we'll give you an exemption. :)

Thanks,
Alex

Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:49 pm 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

What statement did MS make that prompted your decision to sell?

Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:04 pm 

The fact that the data corruption bug could be caused by simply transferring files to the server and the fix wouldn't be out until June at the earliest.

Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:14 pm 
Mr. XXX

I didnt think the bug ( in its current state or what we know about it ) can apply to simply trasnfering information.....I understood that it could occur when editing...which is a really lose definition of editing....

But the bug could be like a virus and go airbourne soon...lol

Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:37 pm 

Microsoft has advised to ONLY transfer files to the server via Command Prompt or Windows Explorer and other users have advised to only use the Command Prompt. I agree, Microsoft is very vague and have not been able to give a step by step on how to stay away from the bug, that is why I am selling it now.

Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:53 pm 
3.0TB storage
3.0TB storage

So how do I know if something is corrupted? I have transferred 1TB of info to my MSS so far and have not seen any issues yet. But it sounds like I might need to keep my NAS drives connected for the time being instead of relying on my MSS and selling my NAS drives.

Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:03 pm 

You don't know until you try and use the corrupted file, yet another reason I am selling until the bug is fixed.

Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:22 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Just in the interest of keeping things straight... MS has said that you should not edit files directly on the shares or use programs that transfer file to and from your home computers a WHS...

Hence the statement from the knowledge base article "As a precautionary measure, users should use Windows Explorer or a command-line tool to copy files to and from the Windows Home Server-based computer. Do not use applications to directly edit or change files that are stored on the Windows Home Server-based computer."

This is not saying that transferring files back and forth through windows (command line or not) causes any issues. I fact what they are recommending is that you do more transferring.

As someone who has transfered quite a bit of data to my MSS and never seen any corruption bug I would just like to make that point. I don't see that as very vague (in fact it seems quite clear). Yeah it sucks... and if that is a deal killer for you I understand.

Thanks