It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:20 pm 

Thanks the correction.

For the european people, i'll keep you folks posted about the time the "magic gadget" (at least that's what i hope it will do for me) will take to arrive in Belgium.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:17 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Hi everyone, I just want to share my little story about buying the cable with you. I ordered the cable via e-mail on july 7th. Charles sent me an e-mail confirmation when he sent the cable on july 11th. I just got the package today july 19th from USPS/Canada Post which was free shipping. I am very happy like many customers here.

Thanks Charles I really appreciate the quality of the cable and packaging.

Claude

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:38 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Just wanted to post that I bought a debug board (VGA+KB+Mouse) with extra cable from Charles and while I haven't had a chance to test it yet (been too busy with other projects), the quality looks top-notch and Charles was a pleasure to deal with. Quality product and quality person.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:07 pm 

:boxster:

Will your debug board work for my HP Mediasmart server lx195?

If so I would like to place an order for one.

Thanks,
Jon
:boxster:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:49 pm 

Order VGA + PS2 Keyboard + PS2 Mouse Gen3 board on Friday, payment to VOV Technology, LLC for this invoice 0530, I hope to get item soon :)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:15 am 

Got my Gen3 board yesterday, the item is high quality and shipping is quick, 20 min installed the board on my EX485, and 2 hours installed WHS 2011 oem via external DVD drive (a lot of update), with monitor, keyboard and mouse hookup, everything is working perfect. Thanks Charles for the awesome board :)

John

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:25 am 

Wow, can't begin to say how easy this was, and I am not a very technical person. Sent an e-mail, paid through paypal and received my board yesterday exactly as stated. Looked through the documentation online and began the process. I had taken my server apart before to upgrade the processor, so I was somewhat familiar with how to do it. I decided to just have the cord come out the back of the server, so I drilled a hole between the eSata connection and the USB ports on my EX495. I then cut a slot between the USB opening and the hole I just drilled and routed the cable connector through the USB opening then through the slot to its final place in the drilled hole. Not the prettiest, but not bad and no-one spends a lot of time behind my server. The connection to the motherboard was easy as described in the instructions online.

All in, this took about 45 minutes to complete including the case modifications. After that I hooked it up to my TV and used a wireless USB mouse and keyboard to gain access. The machine came up easily with no issues, my screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 and I have access to everything I wanted. Thanks for all the help!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:42 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

my vga monitor has two cables that come from it. One the old blue looking one and a white one. Sorry I'm not very technical so please forgive the basic description. Will this type of monitor plug into your card and work.

HP EX490 with External VGA + Keyboard + Mouse Unit (still original Celeron 450 & 2Gb RAM for now!!)
Windows 8 Pro
House Has:
2 Dell Desktops
4 Dell Laptops
2 Samsung Smart TV's
Ps3
Xbox360

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:27 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

The one you are interested in is the blue one. The debug board connects to the blue VGA port. The white connector is probably a DVI connector (which is a newer display technology).

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:22 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Ordered cable at 10pm Wednesday night
Recieved invoice before midnight
Payed invoice & recieved shipping notice by 12:30AM
Cable arrived in the mail on Saturday

Talk about your fast turn arounds :o

Whs2011 installed and running on HP MSS EX470 an hour later.

5 stars on Comunication, Shipping, & packaging! 8)

Thanks again!

4GB Mushkin Ram
TR4MB eSata Enclosure
TR4UB USB Enclosure
Netgear WNDR3700
UPS APC 1500 XS LCD

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:34 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I recieved my debug board promptly after ordering it. I installed the board with no issues. I have an EX470, so I apparrently do not have a jumper to close. At least I don't think I do since I searched for it and could not find it. I had no issues getting the board to work and I was able to install WHS 2011 on the server - there is no way I would have had any luck getting it to work without this board.

Now if only WHS2011 connector would work. After hours of trying all the suggestions on the forums, I could not get it to connect, so I put the old drives back in and reverted to WHS V1 (now with an odd Passwords Don't Match error). Hopefully Microsoft will fix this POS in the first update of the product. I'll be watching the forum for availability and hopefully, some day one of the talented folks on this forum will resolve the issue - I would like to run WHS 2011 if I could.

The Debug Board gets an "A+" on all accounts, MS WHS 2011 gets an "F".
John

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:46 pm 

Thanks Charles!
I placed my Order Sept 1 and got my KVM cable/board Sept 6. Great looking cable and board that is a quality build.
Thanks again!
John

EX-487 w/6.75TB: ST3750630AS 3*WD20EADS & WD Elmnts 2TB Srvr Bkup; w/ Athena AP-MFATX30 300W, 4GB-RAM, E5200 // Main-Client: HAF 932, GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-930, CM V8, 12GB-RAM, SATA6 WD1002FAEX, Win 7 Pro 64b; WHS-V1 VM

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:48 pm 

I would like to thank Mogwai for his effort to first, check the forums and find my plea for a debug board and answering.
Secondly, I would like to thank him for the effort to box it up, check the postal rates, and send it out to me. It was the best purchase I made, groceries aside. It worked like a charm.

I will check up on the forum and I guess like most of you, I am just not happy with the dangling item inside my mediasmart server and will look at ways of modding it to make it a more suitable fixture to it.

Why HP wouldnt include such an appendige(sp?) is unknown to me. Memory is going for a second and its late but I would certainly like to thank the maker of the degug board VOV Technology for making something, yes for profit, but clearly needed.

I honestly think the HP Mediasmart is a decent product for what its designed for.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:58 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I've seen acouple of threads on this board regrading problems booting up with the KVM disconnected and wondered if anyone found a solution. I successfully ported FreeNAS 7 to an HP X310 but can't get it to boot without the KVM module being plugged in. My plans were to leave the cable installed and just tuck it inside the case before putting it into production. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:59 pm 

Thanks Charles,
Ordered a VGA + PS2 Keyboard & PS2 Mouse debug board. Shipped immemiately and received the next day. Just what the Dr. ordered. Installed quickly and works like a charm. Used the jumper on the JP2 connector and was able to access the BIOS and run low level diaginostics on the HDs. Found SYS was bad with many bad sectors. Was able to recover the bad sectors and retrieve the data off all 4 HDs. Have two new HDs and an E5800 on the way from Newegg.

EX490 - box stock
6GB HD
2 GB Ram

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 21  Next