It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:47 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

cakalapati wrote:
Quote:
Will it fit in front of the PSU in the bottom of the box inside of the lid?

You would have to make significant changes to your MediaSmart server if you did go this route. If you look in front of the PSU, there is a big power cable going across the front (see picture). The HP engineers even made a notch in the motherboard to make room for the power cable to make sure everything was nice and flush. There is not a lot of room there for anything without altering the enclosure.

With that said, I have always been amazed at the things that some of my modder friends have done.

An interesting mod would be to have your debug board poke out the back. The HP engineers left plenty of room in the back of the unit to allow this, without sacrificing air flow, given the thin profile of the debug board and cable. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture that I can post online of someone who went this route.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:22 pm 

Just placed an order, will update later.

And received the invoice from Charles at 9 PM. That is fast!!!

Receive the board on Thursday (May 12). I will try it on the home server next week...

Thanks Charles!

:sanjuan:

Last edited by jvs on Fri May 13, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:03 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Hi

Placed an order 4th of May, received the invoce the next day and payed it directly through PayPal
the cable was shipped from AUSTIN, TX on the 6th
Today I got a note in my mailbox that I have a shipment to collect from the super market (the regular post office is gone since several years is Sweden)
So I will try to collect it tomorrow togheter with a shipment of disks that arrived yesterday. Almost like Christmas :D

The cost charged by the Swedish customs for the fullkit cable is 305SEK equal to ~47USD
Edit:
Tax(Moms) on 100$USD = 205SEK (~32$USD) + a fee from the Swedish postal service for adding the tax of 100SEK (~15$USD)
The sales tax in Sweden (similar "-- Texas residents must add 8.25% sales tax to their order." is 25% added to the product value so I can't figure out how 25% on 100$ can be 32 ???

But I do have the full debug board on my desk now next to the bunch of new disks and a new 802.11n Access Point.
Once I can free some time I will play a little with the debug board to see if I can squeeze it in without using a drive bay.
I will also see if i can fit a pair of 25mm fans in front of the CPU heat sink since I have replaced the Celeron 450 with a Core 2 Duo E8500.
(I also tested with a Quad E6600 but it generated more heat)

Thanks Charles

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:29 pm 

Hi,

I want to know if you send to Brazil and how much item + shipping with the track number. Thanks.

Charles Silva.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:58 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

I do send to Brazil (and anywhere else in the world too) and the final cost will depend on the specific debug board you choose (VGA Only, VGA-PS2, VGA-PS2-Serial). These answers, and much more, are outlined in the first post (linked here). Be sure to read the "frequently asked questions" section too. Welcome to the community!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:24 am 

I want the VGA + PS2 Keyboard + PS2 Mouse + Serial Assembly. what is the final cost by express to Brazil.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:37 pm 

Placed an order from for the full board on the 29th of april, and it was shipped to me (Canada) on the 2nd of may.

As expected (with the usual customs delay), I got the board (in a nice box) today which I plugged on the main board and it worked very nicely: got the boot screen to show up and I was all :)

I'm very pleased with this board (very well made), I got professional service and quick response to mail and the received board was exactly as pictured and works great.

Thank you Charles, it was nice dealing with you!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:14 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Quote:
I want the VGA + PS2 Keyboard + PS2 Mouse + Serial Assembly. what is the final cost by express to Brazil.

The price for this configuration is $108 USD - $80 for the VGA-PS2 debug board and $28 USD shipping to Brazil. Be sure to read the first post (linked here) for details on how to request the debug board and for "frequently asked questions".

Edit: Silly me, ch4rl3s asked about the "VGA + PS2 Keyboard + PS2 Mouse + Serial Assembly" and that cable is $100 USD making the total $128 USD ($100 USD for the debug board and $28 for International Shipping with tracking to Brazil). Thanks ch4rl3s for the correction (below).

Last edited by cakalapati on Tue May 17, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:24 am 

cakalapati wrote:
Quote:

The price for this configuration is $108 USD - $80 for the VGA-PS2 debug board and $28 USD shipping to Brazil. Be sure to read the first post (linked here) for details on how to request the debug board and for "frequently asked questions".

Hi, The total is:

$100.00 USD for the VGA + PS2 Keyboard + PS2 Mouse + Serial Assembly (The Complete Set)
$28 USD shipping to Brazil
-------------------------------
$128.00

All righ then, I prefer to pay this by paypal pls.

Thanks again.
E-MAIL/MSN: rcharlesss@hotmail.com
HP MediaSmart Server EX-495

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:53 pm 

Hi everyone,

How can I do to pay this?

thanks.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:59 pm 
Founder
Founder

As you've been told multiple times, the very first post of this topic has all the instructions you need.

Quote:
If you are interested, email me** at "mss_cable_service<at>vovtech<dot>com" with:
1. The board specifications (VGA only or VGA + PS2 Keyboard + PS2 Mouse or VGA + PS2 Keyboard + PS2 Mouse + Serial) and price (as stated above).
2. Your first and last name
3. The address where the cable should be shipped***. If this is a business address, please include the name of the business.
4. Your shipping preference and price (as stated above)
5. Your phone number (couriers typically require the destination phone number)
6. (OPTIONAL) Let me know your Windows Home Server box (i.e HP EX-485, Acer H340, other) to receive a free jumper (while supplies last).
7. (OPTIONAL) Tell me something funny/interesting about yourself that puts a face to this cable. :-)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:08 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Don't forget to read the "Frequently Asked Questions" on the second post too. There a lot of good information there.

Q: Can you describe the payment process?
A: Upon receiving your request (via email), I send you (via email) a PayPal invoice and that invoice has instructions (from PayPal) on how to pay the invoice. The invoice will have your requested debug board as a line-item, along with the shipping charge. You can pay with any major credit card, or a PayPal account (if you have one). After paying the invoice, I am notified of your payment. Your debug board typically ships 1-3 days after your payment clears. When your package ships, I send you an email to notify you that it shipped along with tracking info (if tracking is available).

Last edited by cakalapati on Wed May 18, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:56 pm 

OK... I will do it. thanks

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:05 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I'm trying to figure out which gev version of the cable I have. On the board, it shows "revision 7".

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:10 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Revision 7 is a Gen2 board.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next