It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:26 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

I'd like to fix an asking price to this item but am not sure what it would be worth, I put it together last July and it cost me ~$1000 Canadian, but outside of a few hours powered on and one big file copy test, it has sat on my desk doing absolutely nothing, I thought there would be a 64bit offering of Windows Home Server v2008 code comin soon but apparently I'm wrong. My upgraded EX470 does a good job for the home mainly as a media server so this little overkill unit is just wasting away in Margaritaville, how about I gauge the value with a price check post and then offer it to Medismartserver.net denizens?

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x14/ ... henbro.jpg Image link removed(bigger than 600 pixels high), it should open in a new window

Still no Windows 2008/2009 Home server release on the horizon so this unit has sat powered off since it was built, outside of a single OS install, ~4 hours of orthos and a ~1TB data transfer to the RAID 5. This is an extremely small yet compelling Server.

-Chenbro ES340 Case This case does not come with the optional memory card reader, but does have the two factory case fans installed under the Mobo tray.

-Jetway NC62K Mini-ITX mobo (Dual VGA and DVI with DVI to HDMI adapter)

-AMD X2 BE-2350 (Compare with X2 4800+ and X2 4050e)

-4x Single platter 500GB Seagate HDD's running in a hardware RAID 5 configuration. (Roughly 1.4 TB) The hardware RAID controller (nVidia) on the mobo provides for a wide range of HDD configurations, the end-user can choose as he/she sees fit, I personally prefer an n-1 stripe and thus configured the system so.

-2GB Kingston PC2-6400 (Single DIMM)

-Slimline BluRay / Dual layer DVD-Multiwriter (I scoffed this drive out of my HP 8710W notebook).

-Windows Server 2003 64-Bit Enterprise Edition including original MS Media(User will have to call MS to register it the key has been registered previously as a test unit on an Athlon 64 notebook a few years ago).

~45W Processor
~4x7W HDD's
~4W BluRay drive
~4Wx2 case fans
~3W CPU cooler
~2W NB cooler
~3.5W Memory
+mobo

Replacement parts were well over $1000 when I put it together in July.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!