It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:52 pm 
Offline
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:14 am
Posts: 1540
Thanks: 3
Thanked: 117 times in 100 posts
keithkeith3333 wrote:
Cavediver does replacing the rear fans help with anything ? Dropping drive temps or make the system any more quiet ? Thanks boss. I am loving the new fan setup in the Norco. Can not even hear it. Been running 24/7 since the new fans went it. Thanks !


Replacing the rear fans makes the whole machine a little quieter. However, the stock fans in the rear of the 4220 are not too bad as they are. If it's not too loud for you with the stock rear fans, I wouldn't worry about it. They're definitely not as loud as the 80mm fan board fans.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:29 pm 
Offline
1TB storage
1TB storage

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:17 am
Posts: 29
Thanks: 1
Thanked: 1 time in 1 post
cavediver wrote:
keithkeith3333 wrote:
Cavediver does replacing the rear fans help with anything ? Dropping drive temps or make the system any more quiet ? Thanks boss. I am loving the new fan setup in the Norco. Can not even hear it. Been running 24/7 since the new fans went it. Thanks !


Replacing the rear fans makes the whole machine a little quieter. However, the stock fans in the rear of the 4220 are not too bad as they are. If it's not too loud for you with the stock rear fans, I wouldn't worry about it. They're definitely not as loud as the 80mm fan board fans.


Ya they are not that loud at all. Did not know if it would make much of a difference or not. I hear ya on the back fans not being anywhere near as loud as the 80mm Fan Boards. You 120mm Fan board with the 1600RPM fans was the best mod i have done to the Norco !!!!


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:14 am 
Offline
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 22
Thanks: 1
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post
cavediver,

Question for you, I saw in your build that you only put fan grills on the exhaust of the fan. Do you think putting a fan grill at the intake be a good idea or affecting the airflow much?

And TY for the fan board :cheers:


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:30 am 
Offline
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:14 am
Posts: 1540
Thanks: 3
Thanked: 117 times in 100 posts
I actually don't have any fan grills on mine now. I wanted no impedement to the airflow and there is nothing between the backplanes and the fans to get sucked up into the fans and the case is big enough that there is nothing contacting the fans on the mobo side, so I left the grills off completely.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:52 pm 
Offline
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:53 am
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post
Do you know if this Fan Board will work in the 4020 case?

Thanks,
Chuck


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:10 pm 
Offline
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:14 am
Posts: 1540
Thanks: 3
Thanked: 117 times in 100 posts
crarbo1 wrote:
Do you know if this Fan Board will work in the 4020 case?

Thanks,
Chuck


Several people with 4020s have purchased one and have been able to use it. I believe the newer 4020s have the indents and screw holes on the top of the sides of the case for the tabs. If yours doesn't have the indents, the tabs can be bent down and out of the way. The bottom screw holes should line up and hold it in place.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:41 pm 
Offline
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 22
Thanks: 1
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post
cavediver wrote:
I actually don't have any fan grills on mine now. I wanted no impedement to the airflow and there is nothing between the backplanes and the fans to get sucked up into the fans and the case is big enough that there is nothing contacting the fans on the mobo side, so I left the grills off completely.


Ahh i see. That is true, there is plenty of space between the fan board so nothing should really have much of a possibility to interfere. Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:39 pm 
Offline
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:53 am
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post
cavediver wrote:
Several people with 4020s have purchased one and have been able to use it. I believe the newer 4020s have the indents and screw holes on the top of the sides of the case for the tabs. If yours doesn't have the indents, the tabs can be bent down and out of the way. The bottom screw holes should line up and hold it in place.

I haven't bought one yet be am almost ready to buy. Do you have these fan boards available now or are you waiting for another shipment. If you have them, how many of them do you have? I still want to research a few more things before I buy the items for this setup.

Thanks,
Chuck


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:57 pm 
Offline
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:14 am
Posts: 1540
Thanks: 3
Thanked: 117 times in 100 posts
I have fan boards available now, but they're going fast.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:04 pm 
Offline
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 22
Thanks: 1
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post
i kind of want another one just in case i decide to build another in the future...because i don't know how much more of these you will be making...very tempted...lol


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:20 pm 
Offline
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:14 am
Posts: 1540
Thanks: 3
Thanked: 117 times in 100 posts
I don't know yet if I'll have another batch made. I depends on whether Norco offers one.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:15 am 
Offline
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:53 am
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post
cavediver wrote:
I have fan boards available now, but they're going fast.

PM sent.

Thanks,
Chuck


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:06 pm 
Offline
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:53 am
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post
cavediver wrote:
I don't know yet if I'll have another batch made. I depends on whether Norco offers one.


Payment sent. Not sure if my PM went through. It says it is still in the Outbox after 20 minutes. Let me know if you haven't gotten the PM since it had my personal information in it.

Thanks,
Chuck


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:09 pm 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:06 am
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post
PM sent -- but much like the fellow above me, it's sitting in my outbox, so I don't know if it's been delivered.

Cheers

edit: vvv Well then! Ignore this =)


Last edited by devilmouse on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:46 pm 
Offline
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:53 am
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post
devilmouse wrote:
PM sent -- but much like the fellow above me, it's sitting in my outbox, so I don't know if it's been delivered.

Cheers

I found out that PM's sit in the outbox until the person you sent it to reads the PM. Not sure why, but that is what happens.

Chuck


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group