It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:18 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Apologies if I am not to post this here - it's been a while since I posted, last time it was about my Add-In WHSClamAV. Thanks for the support.

I have 2 EX490s. Both have been upgraded with 4GB of RAM. One has a Q8400S the other a Q9550S

I've been running ESX on them. That Q9550S would make a sweet processor for your encoding machine - sure E8400 is fast but with double the cores and 12MB of cache a Q9550S is like having 2 in 1 box :-)

They are currently about to stripped back to stock and parts put on eBay. I'd like to offer them out for sale complete as they are excellent little work horses in 64bit if you can cope with the 4GB max.

Both processors are at the 65W TDP design limit but I advise they are kept in cool conditions as it's right on the limit of design.

They will come without drives. They come without S/W and cables. You can come collect (Southampton, UK) or I can post them using your preferred handler.

If you want an OS on them then send me the details and the drives and I will install free of charge. Can do most flavours of Linux, ESX and any Windows. I will deactivate the Windows installs so you will need your own key to activate them. I even got Snow Leopard running on one for a year for kicks.

I've run Hyper-V on them too - limitation for VM work is the single network port (and obviously RAM) but for lab VM stuff they are good. For NAS prices tell me what else you can get BYOD that will encode HD in real-time whilst serving out photos and streaming music whilst downloading at 50mbit too.

Anyway I didn't come here to sell you the MSS - the offer is there for one or two EX490s with a Quad Core and 4GB of RAM. Be a shame to let them be split up to go to random eBay bods.

EX490 Q8400S 4GB RAM 4-Trays - £200
EX490 Q9550S 4GB RAM 4-Trays - £275

Both have a little dust, some light scratches on the side but generally shiny all round. All LEDs work, all ports undamaged and as far as I know in fully working order.

Any questions please ask but I don't take offers.

Thanks,
Al

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:13 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

anyone?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:45 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

crickets too much and too far.. if i were to put a us dollar on what you want it would be about £100 if that... ive managed to spend half that. exactly £40 for the 8500 series if im not mistaken. and that was in 2010 or 2011.. and probably now lol the same cpu will fetch for £10 give or take tech value depreciates more than anything else i know

Thanks