It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:26 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Owner/Mods/Top Contributors have first shot at it for a special price. Others make a good offer!

I have my first server that has been in storage. It was purchased New 5-3-08 from newegg.
It has the upgraded ram, the bios flash, the LE-1640 2.6GHz CPU and a New power supply from Overtek LTD (the good one).
3-15-11 I installed the new power supply, did a factory reset on a spare drive, it was successful and put it in the box for storage. It will have NO harddrives.
It has the original disks and the upgrade disks that were mis-marked from HP.
This server had lights-out on it, so did not run 24/7. It was kept clean and cool.
When the power supply went out I got the 510 and did not look back.
I could part it out on ebay for a couple hundred, but I'm hoping someone will use it or at least keep it for parts to backup one they already have.
These servers cost about $25-$30 to ship ups.
Tell me a story so I will feel it's going to a good home. :-) Please, it's not for resale.

:twisted: Fear the Cloud :twisted:

Last edited by Gardian on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:12 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I'd pay $50 if that included shipping for it.

I have a 485 that I just replaced the power supply on this weekend. Unfortunately Overtek did not have any ebay listings when I ordered my new power supply so instead I don't have the front on my server and have a mess of cables hanging out of it. I also had a lightly annoyed wife for the 1 week we were without OTA TV and DVR (I run SageTV Server on the 485), and she was also wanting to work on making a photo book but pics couldn't be accessed due to the server being down b/c of the power supply. I'd plan to run both servers, with the 485 doing live SageTV, but most recordings stored on the 470 (I would also love to have the eport multiplication support of the 470 vs the singe esata 485). Having the 470 would allow me to tinker and maybe install WHS 2011 on the 485.

We try and keep a fairly clean house, server and computer equipment are located out of reach of the sticky handed 2 yr old toddler we have rampaging through our house.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:14 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Phil, thanks for the story, I wish you the best, but I couldn't let it go for that.
I got a second 470 on ebay for parts and they will go to the Brother-in-law.
It's gone.....

:twisted: Fear the Cloud :twisted:

Thanks