It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:47 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

OK so I cancelled the sale of my EX487. However, the missus said if I was repairing and keeping the EX487, another one of the systems had to go--mainly since she wound up getting a brand spanking new desktop out of the whole deal, which meant I inherited her laptop. Plus I want to get a Surface RT so I can do Windows 8 RT testing.

Long story short, I've got a nice 16" HP G60-230US laptop for sale here: http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/sys/3705613917.html

I'm asking $275 via PayPal, and that will include the cost of shipping the laptop to you. The Craiglist post has a bunch of pictures.

The laptop has a Pentium Dual-Core T4200 processor @ 2GHz, 4GB, 128GB OCZ Octane SSD, 500GB Hard Drive (in place of DVD drive), 3 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x HDMI port, 1 x VGA port, b/g/n wireless up to 300 Mbps, 10/100 Ethernet. Also throwing in a Logitech trackball mouse, HDMI cable, external 60GB USB hard drive and a Targus laptop backpack. Also included will be a FIVE (5)-pack license for WindowSMART 2013 Professional Edition.

The laptop works perfectly except for the battery. Thanks to Amazon Prime the new battery will be here tomorrow, and so the laptop will include a brand new battery (with a 6-month battery warranty).

The laptop video card can drive two monitors--the built-in display and either an external HDMI monitor or an external VGA monitor.

All disks are perfectly healthy, and the SSD media wearout indicates 100% life remaining. The SSD firmware has been upgraded to the most recent OCZ F/W. The display is nice and bright, and there are no dead pixels. If you do decide to load Windows 8, you will want to grab the latest Intel RST driver download and install it, which ensures the TRIM function of the SSD will be active. Windows 8 detects the controller but installs its generic SATA AHCI driver.

If you're interested please shoot me a PM. If you have questions please don't hesitate to ask. I've run Office 2010, Visual Studio 2010 and Photoshop CS6 on that machine with no complaints. The memory is maxed out at 4GB but the SSD gives it a solid boost.

HP EX490, 4GB, E5300, 15TB - Server 2012 - Sharing and Streaming
HP EX487, 4GB, E5300, 13TB - Server 2012 Essentials - Backups

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!