It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:33 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

While version 2.2.5.29 was technically the first production release, I didn't really push it too hard. I wanted to see if any additional bugs were shaken out, and a handful of items did come out of it.

That said, I am pleased to officially announce the production release of WindowSMART 2012! I wanted to make the announcement on my two favorite forums (MediaSmartServer.net and Home Server Show) first, because you all comprise my favorite online communities and have been an awesome support group and an inspiration. For that I say thank you.

If you haven't yet downloaded WindowSMART 2012, I encourage you to do so. Please visit http://www.dojonorthsoftware.net/TBM/WindowSMART.aspx to download the software, which will run fully featured for 30 days, after which you must purchase a license to continue using it. If you're new here, this is a companion product to my free WHS add-ins, Home Server SMART (for WHS v1) and Home Server SMART 2012.

Through the end of July (7/31/2012) I will continue my Release Extravaganza prices. Home and Home Office licenses are normally $15 and $20, respectively (USD), but during this Release Extravaganza the Home and Home Office licenses are $10 and $15, respectively. Business and Enterprise licenses are also discounted.

Version 2.2.6.20 was posted yesterday and is now available for download. I also posted a new build of Home Server SMART 2012, which incorporates all of the same fixes as were included in WindowSMART 2012.

As always, if you find a bug or have a feature request, please visit the bug tracking site @ https://www.dojonorthsoftware.net/bugtraq to log it. One item I see requested a lot is hardware RAID support. Unfortunately that is NOT on the radar screen at this time. Since I am a freelance developer (I work for a major IT company as a Microsoft SharePoint consultant by day), I do not have the time or money to invest in becoming a "partner" to the many RAID controller vendors to buy a license to use their proprietary APIs. If you need hardware RAID support, you may wish to check out HD Sentinel (www.hdsentinel.com), which supports a number of hardware RAIDs.

HP EX490, 4GB, E5300, 15TB - Server 2012 - Sharing and Streaming
HP EX487, 4GB, E5300, 13TB - Server 2012 Essentials - Backups

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank msawyer91 for this post
Comp1962, dbone1026, yakuza

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:43 pm 
MVP/Moderator
MVP/Moderator

Avast! is flagging WindowSmart2012 as a potential carrier of the Win32:Evo-gen virus with the following message:

avast! [XXXXXXXX-XX]: File "C:\Windows\INSTALLER\85e38.msi|>WindowSMART2012Deployment.cab|>WindowSMART.exe" is infected by "Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]" virus."File System Shield" task usedVersion of current VPS file is 130415-1, 04/15/2013

(The “XXXXXXXX-XX” in the actual message is the name of my W7 (32-bit) PC.)

Are you working with Avast! to resolve this? (I ass-u-me this is a false-positive…

Unfortunately Avast! is so protective it is not really possible to easily uninstall a flagged program but I think I got it out -- I just have not deleted the installer at this point.

EX475, 2 GB, LE-1640
PC1: Vista-->W7 Ultimate/32, (D-Drive RAID-5 Array)
PC2: Lenovo Laptop, Win XP Home SP3
2xLinksys WRT54G v1.1 and 2xNetGear GS105 Gbit switch

Thanks