It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:01 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

-This particular unit is a rescue unit. What I mean is, it was very poorly maintained server but when I got it a couple weeks ago I stripped it down completely and refurbed it. When I say I stripped it down, I mean the only thing I didn't do was remove and clean the bottom side of the motherboard. I did pull the PSU apart and gently cleaned the blades and housing of the PSU fan with a professional camera lense brush. I removed the 2 rear fans behind the backplane and cleaned them the same way. This is a very quiet device, that has been thoroughly, professionally cleaned.
-The processor is the stock Sempron and I cleaned and replaced the TIM on both the processor and Northbridge with OCZ Freeze.
-It has an HP OEM 1GB DIMM as an upgrade from the original 512MB stick, although I think I have a 2GB stick packed away that I will also include if I can figure out which tickle trunk I packed it away in.
-It is running the HP MSS V.3 software, although it will come with the original disks
-Comes with the original 500GB Seagate HDD

Here is the catch/gotcha and there are two.
-The rj45 port is dead. All hope is not lost, it will come with a gigabit Sabrent USB LAN adapter.
-It only has two drive cages, and both work but you have to use TLC inserting and removing them as the pins that go in the screw holes for the HDD's are worn a bit. TLC is the key and they both work fine.

If you have an interest in a decent refurbed headless server, shoot me an offer, I'm not expecting eleventy billyun dollars as it obviously has had issues. Lastly, expedited shipping to the US is about $40 to Canada expedited shipping is about $25, Payment by Paypal only or I would entertain a trade on an LX195.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:26 pm 

Do you also have a Bootable USB Flash Drive with the necessary SMI Files and Modifications on it to place the EX470 into its recovery mode using the Sabrent USB LAN Adapter? This will be necessary to place the server into recovery mode to peform a recovery. The next trick is during the recovery you would need to have the server find the Sabrent Drivers so the server can then be configured. While it can be done blind its much easier if the new owner had a debug cable.

Anyway I may know a couple people who might have an interest in the server and if they were to purchase it I can help them with the factory recovery to properly reset the server. I will see both of them on Tuesday and see if they might be interested in your EX470 but they may opt to have a unit built either way if they place a unit in their home I would be able to remove their client backups from my units which they currently rely on to save their butts when they muck up their clients. So they know how well recoveries do do work and when they get new clients where they have to perfrom a restore they are learning of the time it takes to do the task because I felt they needed to learn this process. One has been interacting with my servers now for a couple years so he knows what they can do the other is still learning. I also know of someone in Texas but that person is too far way for me to help with a server with a failed NIC.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:00 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Couple things. I haven't done it yet but am fairly certain I can add the Sabrent drivers right to the onboard SMI. Haven't done so as yet. I don't have a debug cable to sell with this unit, but will be letting this server go for really cheap (if anyone decides to make an offer). As the server is running a fresh copy of the v3 MSS software, I don't think that not having a cable at this time is a showstopper, and as I mentioned I'll let it go cheap. As I am willing to let it go for a really good cheap price, I'm loathe to actually put any more of my time into working out any kinks as it is successfully running a fresh v.3 install at the moment. Of course if you buy it, I will send a note with the units servername as well as the administrator userid and pw.

-I found another tray so it comes with three trays and the original disk running a fresh version of the MSS v3 software.
-The BIOS has been flashed successfully and tested with a dual core 35W 3800+ although the unit is running the original Sempron

Don't forget, this will cost roughly ~$40 for expedited shipping to the US and $25 for expedited shipping in Canada, so you'll have to factor that into any offer you make, but did I mention that I would let this go for a very lowball cheep/chiep/cheap price?

Now that it is cleaned up, it's in fairly good shape, I rescued it well.

cheap/cheap/cheap

Thanks