It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:33 pm 

In an attempt to fix a dead drive that was physically removed but couldn't be removed from the storage pool I was poking around in the registry and accidentally deleted the wrong drive! The good drive now shows up as "Not Added" and of course wants to format it when I try to re-add it.

And no I didn't create a backup copy of the registry nor do I have an external backup of the system drive.... ](*,)

Am I SOL on all the data still on the good drive?! Can I copy the data to an external drive, re-add the internal drive (so it gets formatted, etc.), and then simply "drag and drop" the data back onto the drive from the external (temp) drive?

EDIT - this is a home-built server if that matters, not an HP

Thanks, Ed

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:17 pm 
Founder
Founder

WHS stores a backup of some registry items but it may already have overwritten it with a more recent backup. It's on the server in D:\folders\{378AE094-F4CA-4D9B-BDA5-649D6F738276}.

Here's the best guide to recovering data from a failed server: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-U ... 573697777f

Thanks