It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:31 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I am using a 3rd party synchronization product to sync certain files between my desktop and WHS. The product is called Allway Sync Version 10.5.8 Pro. Lately, it generates the following error:

[11/4/2010 5:18 PM] API call error, The specified network name is no longer available. (80070040), filename: \\HOMESERVER-1\Real Estate, nfs::OpenSession::getvolumeinfo

I have contacted Tech Support for Allway Sync and there doesn't seem to be any known issues with WHS.

Despite this error, Windows Explorer has no issue acccessing the server.

Is anyone out there using the Avast Antivirus product and seeing this error?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:37 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

As it turns out, this was finally attributable to a corrupt System Drive on the EX495. Server restore could not repair the drive, even thouigh it was found to be good hardware using the HP MediaSmart Support Team's recommendation of the Seagate SeaTools diagnostic package.

I was finally forced to do a Factory Rest and now things are fine. For those of you who have yet to do a Server Restore or Factory Reset, I found it to be far more art than science. Make sue your ethernet direct cable is about 6 feet in length and you may need to enable flow control on your ethernet adapter at the PC end.

Thanks