It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:34 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I just let it drop. Turned out that I NEVER used it. Other ways to share stuff online...

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:18 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Guys, I have a question, maybe the TZO guys can answer it.

I was in the process of registering my domain through the EX485 with TZO but decided after starting the process that I would just go with a live domain for the time being. Part of the reason for this was the requirement with TZO to pay for privacy annually, charging annualy for Dynamic DNS (what if I have a static IP?!?), etc.

So, my issue is that I now have a warning on the WHS that my TZO domain has expired and I don't see any way to get rid of it. True, I can leave it ignored but that doesn't really address the issue, which is that the TZO domain expiring shouldn't become a permanent fixture on my WHS since I might have chosen a different way of getting my WHS onto the Internet (like via Live Domains, etc).

Anyone have any advice on this? I would really like to hear about a fix for this from HP or from TZO.

Thanks.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:31 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Can someone please respond to the above? Someone from TZO please demonstrate that you give a damn about the problems your integration is causing for mediasmart owners.

I had previously told my system to ignore the error with TZO complaining that my domain has expired. I found a "critical" warning on the EX485 again this morning because apparently TZO will make the alarm ACTIVE again on the system after a certain number of days.

I want to know how to clear this alarm out and permanently disable it. I should not have to reload and rebuild my WHS because of idiotic integration between TZO and HP.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:02 am 
Founder
Founder

jmpage2 wrote:
Can someone please respond to the above? Someone from TZO please demonstrate that you give a damn about the problems your integration is causing for mediasmart owners.

I had previously told my system to ignore the error with TZO complaining that my domain has expired. I found a "critical" warning on the EX485 again this morning because apparently TZO will make the alarm ACTIVE again on the system after a certain number of days.

I want to know how to clear this alarm out and permanently disable it. I should not have to reload and rebuild my WHS because of idiotic integration between TZO and HP.

I imagine TZO isn't monitoring every single topic on the internet. :D I'd recommend contacting TZO support, they have been very responsive in almost all cases I have heard about.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:13 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

yakuza wrote:
jmpage2 wrote:

I imagine TZO isn't monitoring every single topic on the internet. :D I'd recommend contacting TZO support, they have been very responsive in almost all cases I have heard about.

Okay, I took Alex's advice and called TZO this morning. There was some confusion on their part about differences in the software on the EX485, they insisted that there should be an "unconfigure" button that would take the configuration out.

Fortunately for me, TZO did stick with it and we discovered that by configuring a new TZO domain, completely (one of their free ones) and then switching back to my original Live Domain we could clear the error out of the WHS console.

They were very professional and even spoke English, so I do appreciate them helping a customer (even one who ultimately didn't use their paid services) and helping get this sorted out.

Will definitely recommend TZO to anyone who requires domain services in the future!

:banana: :chicken:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:53 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

so I tried out the Hp domain and let it expire because I was/am going to get a custom domain. Since its expiration, I have used the money for my domain to purchase my new MSS. Im wondering if I can get a new trial peroid or is it more like a one time deal? Im thinking new server another new trial.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:56 pm 
Founder
Founder

A new server will get a new 1 year TZO domain.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank yakuza for this post
T-Bone
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:51 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I am needing some info, I tried asking TZO but im not sure they understood what I wanted. I want a website named www.xxx.mss. Since the .mss is not allowed I need to make it a subdomain. So I chose to do www.BBBBB.net with a sub of xxx.mss. Is something like this even possible? I want to use the www.xxx.mss to be able to remote into my server. Ill use the www.bbbb.net but.... I also wanted to know how much extra the sub domain is. I know its cheaper to register through the mediasmart but would it be better to call and explain what I want? Ideally it would be nice to do this

www.bbbb.net = Wordpress
www.xxx.mss = server remote access an camera's

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:40 pm 
Founder
Founder

If you have purchased bbbb.net you can set up www.bbbb.net to go to your Wordpress installation, and then set up mss.bbbb.net to go to your camera page, but I don't know if TZO supports that in their package. You really need to talk to them about what you want.

Thanks