It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:29 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Hi,

I have successfully upgraded my EX470 to the 3.0 software. My wife's Mac is backing up using Time Machine, and I can access the server using the web client. I can see the admin pane and set up computers, but the Win 7 machine (which I am using to access the console, and from which I did the install) cannot be backed up -- the configure backup is greyed out. When I try to install the Connector software from the install disk, it finds the server (only if I'm connected by hard cable, not wireless) starts downloading and gets to 73%, then fails with the message "Files were not downloaded from your home server" and asks me if I want to try again. The same thing happens every time I restart the machine when on my home network -- it prompts me to upgrade the Connector, then fails the same way.

I have searched this forum and others, and have not found a solution to this one! Hopefully someone here will know how to get past this.

Scott

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:44 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Had the same problem with my windows 64 bit machine. I didn't use the disk to finally get it, try going in your internet browser to http://<yourservername>:55000 In my case it's http://hpserver:55000. Download the connector software and run it from there. Worked for me this way on my 64 bit machine! hope it works for you!!

Bob

HP 32 Bit Dual Core Desktop Vista
2 HP 64 Bit Dual Core Laptops Windows 8
1 Gateway 32 Bit Dual Core Laptops Vista
1 Gateway Laptop XP
C-200 Popcorn Hour

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:26 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Bob,

Did you simply hit the Download button on the page that appears (I was going to paste a screenshot, but it's not that simple here), and then run the small executable that gets downloaded? When I do that, I get the same failure.

Is there some way to download the files from the server manually?

Scott

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:42 pm 
Founder
Founder

If the server has been set up, you can navigate to \\server\software\Home Server COnnector Software\.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:09 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

When I go to the Home Server Connector folder on the server and run the setup from there, it fails in the same way.

If I try to copy all the files in that folder to my PC, it gets read errors on some of the files. This leads me to conclude that there is problem with that folder. Is there a way to install the connector without getting the files from my server? Or is there a way to re-download the files from MS onto my server?

Scott

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:23 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Sorry Orskier,

I'm still kinda new at this too, and if the :55000 didn't work for you, I'm out of tricks, but never fear there are ALOT of great smart people here that will be very glad to help when they read your thread. Don't give up yet!!

Bob

HP 32 Bit Dual Core Desktop Vista
2 HP 64 Bit Dual Core Laptops Windows 8
1 Gateway 32 Bit Dual Core Laptops Vista
1 Gateway Laptop XP
C-200 Popcorn Hour

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:38 pm 
Founder
Founder

You say these files worked to install on other clients, but not this one?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:07 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

No, I have not tried to install the connector on any other Windows machine since the 3.0 upgrade. I have a XP machine I can try; it already has the Connector on it from before the upgrade.

The server is accessible from this machine through the web interface, but I can't back it up without the Connector. My wife's Mac is backing up to the server.

Scott

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:03 pm 
Founder
Founder

I just PM'ed you with a link to try a known good set of installer files, let us know how that works out for you. 8)

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank yakuza for this post
orskier
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:56 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

That worked -- thanks!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:23 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I have successfully upgraded my EX470 to the 3.0 software yesterday. I can access all the server shares and can even using the web client. But the Win 7 machine which I was using to install/upgrade is not able to install the Console Connector software - not from the install disk and not fom the software share. The setup finds the server, downloads all the needed software, asks for the password (shows me the hint) but then it fails. Used the Toolkit to troubleshoot and it tells me that my connector version is not matching the server version?
I have searched this forum and others, and have not found a solution to this one! Hopefully someone here will know how to get past this. :crazy:
Saw Yakuza PM'ing you with a link to try a known good set of installer files that helped you in your familiar situation. Yakuza can you pls. also PM me with that link?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:31 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Thx a lot yakuza for your prompt delivery of your version ofthe connector sw but unfortunately it also didn't help. What I'm experiencing is exactly the same situation described and discussed but not solved so far in this thread:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whssoftware/thread/c7ec4352-d3ab-4dea-8d48-bbeedc32389c

Everything is working except I can't install the Connector on any machine. While using the MSS in it's original version (1.2?) I was able to install/reinstall the connector as often as required without having any problem. But after upgrading to 3.x version ... Have only W7 machines available now. But installed an XP machine with resulting in the same situation and after setting up a Vista machine I ended up in the same situation!? My actual workaround is to rdp into the WHS and using the console in that session. This is working well ....

I made some screenshots describing my system ... and used the ConnectorTroubleshooter in it's advanced mode from within a cmd prompt. Attaching here my screenshots and the log file of the ConnectorTroubleshooter:
Attachment:
ConnectorTroubleshooter.100823.2046455578.6948.log [489.3 KiB]
Downloaded 465 times
Attachment:
HPMSS331.doc [3.2 MiB]
Downloaded 376 times

Hopefully someone will explore any problem resolution hint and will please share it with this community.

Kind regards, IngoS

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:00 am 
Founder
Founder

It may be because I gave you the English version of the software, and you need German.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:59 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

yakuza wrote:
It may be because I gave you the English version of the software, and you need German.

May be but I can't believe it ...

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:53 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Issue fixed in an incredible way: since the ConnectorTroubleshooter complained always not matched versions -but they definitely belong to each other - I intuitively on the WHS in C(SYS)-Drive next to the SubDir "Programs" in parallel created a new SubDir "Program Files" and into that one I copied the complete "Windows Home Server" directory from "Programs"... and guess what? Everything is now working well and fine - as expected .... :TR4M:
Cheers, IngoS \:D/

Thanks