It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:17 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

My remote access has been running smoothly as of just a few days ago -- I made no changes, myself, to the server. I noticed that its uptime was showing 3 days and change, so some automatic updates seem to have been applied.

When I try to access my server's webpage, I get the error:

Server Error in '/Home' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /home/home/default.aspx

I went in through remote desktop and looked for recent patches; KB980182 had been applied on 3/31/10. Tried uninstalling that, to no avail.

Googled for a fix, and found:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/whssoftware/thread/47e37b5c-f3fb-4236-b30b-b81f32e2753e

This solution did NOT work -- it broke down in step 3:

Step 3)
Go To
My Computer > Windows Drive (Usually C Drive) > Windows > Microsoft.NET > Framework > v2.0.50727 > Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 > Install.exe

There was no folder 'Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0' in the directory 'v2.0.50727', and in the subsequent steps, the ASP.NET tabs were already showing the correct version. Still broken!

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:38 pm 
Founder
Founder

I've not heard of this issue, if you PM me your Remote Access URL I can take a look at the requests and see if I notice anything.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank yakuza for this post
jburke232
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:43 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I have also recently experienced this same problem as of tonight. When i hit "HPSERVER" locally, I get the same "Server Error in '/Home' Application. Requested URL: /home/home/default.aspx". Same happens through the remote URL. Whats weird though, If I hit the back arrow at this error screen, it will go to the actual mediasmart homepage as "/home/default.aspx?gotodefault=true". If you hit the back arrow a second time the address bar changes to "/HPHome/", displaying the same mediasmart page as it always has. I hope it is OK, but I also PM'd you with the remote URL. Any suggestions would be great. As I showed above, there is a way to get around it through the use of the browser back button, so to me the problem seems to be with some redirect setting somewhere... I just cant seem to find it.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:40 am 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Just tried it out again.

In IE8, you get the 404 error page showing "/home/home/...." with both the local and remote urls

In Firefox, it goes straight to the "HPHome" page with no errors what-so-ever using both the remote URL and the local "HPSERVER" addresses.

Now I really have no clue whats going on ](*,)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:47 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

OK, another update...

Just did everything above on my laptop. I decided to try the laptop since I havent used it in over a month, thinking maybe it might be an issue with a local update to my main desktop.

Both the local ("http://HPSERVER") and the remote URL work perfectly with no 404 error page. Looks like this might be an issue with a recent IE update on my desktop conputer.

Looks like Im going to have to check recent IE updates opn my main computer and roll a couple back to see if the problem is fixed.

Finally some progress.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:23 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

OK, uninstalling updates did not work at all.

Problem seems to ONLY be with 32-bit IE8. Just tried IE8 in 64-bit mode and got no error page on local or remote URLs.

:evil: ](*,)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:27 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

Thanks to a PM reply from yakuza I started to try a few things.

Cleared all cache (browsing history, ets) and that didnt work so I went through and started disabling recent add-ons one by one in IE. Found the culprit to be the "ChromeFrame BHO" from Google. IE displays the error with this enabled, and works perfectly with it disabled.

Thanks to yakuza for gettin the old brain jumpstarted.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank jburke232 for this post
yakuza
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:49 pm 
Founder
Founder

Awesome, glad you got it figured out, and thanks for sharing the solution. :mss:

Thanks